Admission: The Movie You Can Take Your Boyfriend to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

If you’re looking to go see a movie that’s funny, touching, and has a cute love story, “Admission” is the one to go to. Not only is the storyline adorable, but it doesn’t hurt that Tina Fey and Paul Rudd are the two leading roles. (I’ll take funny and cute combined any day.)

This book-turned-movie is one that even your boyfriend would want to see. It has perfected the art of being a rom-com but also still keeps it funny enough that your guy won’t dread when it’s your turn to pick a movie for date night.

Tina Fey was, as always, hysterical, but I saw a side of her I’d never seen before. Maybe it’s just me, but every time I’ve seen Tina Fey act, she’s solely hilarious. She’s not stupidly funny or overrated; she’s a true comedian who can make anyone laugh out loud.

In Admission, however, Fey is not only her usual comedic self, but she also shows a more romantic and heart-warming side. When her long-term boyfriend calls it quits, Portia Nathan (Fey), an admissions counselor at Princeton University, is thrown for a loop when she meets John Pressman (Paul Rudd), the founder of a new up and coming high school who is trying to get his students into college.

There is one student at this high school that holds a special place in Portia’s heart (for reasons you’ll have to watch to find out!), and she finds herself doing unimaginable things in order to help him get into Princeton, his dream school.So the next time you want to go see a movie, go see Admission. It’s a movie everyone will love, yes, even your boyfriend.

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!