Style

7 Reusable Bags to Bring to Your Next Shopping Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

The ban on single-use plastic bags in Boston has been in effect for a little more than two months now. And if you haven’t already, it’s time to get yourself a reusable bag that you can bring to every shopping trip. It can add a great deal to your outfit and save you that five cents charge for each bag. Check out these seven reusable shopping totes before your next shopping spree.

1. Madewell Reusable Canvas ToteーThe Star Edition ($10)

Madewell’s totes are made from a sturdy canvas material, making them strong enough to hold even the heaviest of things. They’re super lightweight with long shoulder straps – an ideal everyday bag. Madewell offers these totes in many different designs, one of which is this shiny gold speckled star edition. Plus, they sel at the affordable price of $10, making it hard to only buy one.

2. Baggu StandardーThank You Happy ($12)

These standard Baggu bags are the perfect replacements for your traditional plastic grocery bags. They can fold into flat small pouches, making it easy to leave some in your purse or backpack. They make many different styles of reusable bags with varying sizes. The standard size comes in twenty different designs, so it won’t be hard to find one that you love!

3. FEED Shopper Tote ($18)

For every product that FEED sells, they provide school meals to the most vulnerable communities worldwide through on-the-ground giving partners. By purchasing this Shopper Tote style, ten meals will be prepared for children. If you would like a bigger tote or would like to provide more meals, check out their larger products.

4. EcoRight Canvas Zipper Gusset Tote BagーColor Blocks Natural ($19.95)

This tote bag from EcoRight is made out of sturdy cotton canvas with an extra lining on the inside. There is a zipper closure, so you don’t ever need to worry about anything falling out. Better yet, it has a smaller inner pocket ideal for holding your keys and phone for easy access. If this design is not for you, there are many others to choose from.

5. MoMA History of Art Tote ($20)

If you’re a fan of art and our environment, then this History of Art Tote from MoMA is perfect for you. It is based on Donald Seitz’s illustrations of some of history’s most prominent artists like Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol. If you are a MoMA member, then this tote will only cost you $18!

6. Hansel From Basel Fleur Tote Bag ($31)

Get this Hansel from Basel Fleur Tote Bag if you want to stand out. The beautiful flowers on the bag can be the statement piece of any simple outfit. The dimensions of the bag and the length of the straps make it easy to carry all your essentials with no pain. It is cotton twill lined and also has an inner pocket to hold your smaller items.

7. Torrain Two Way Tote Cross Body ($44)

Torrain bags are made out of recycled materials sourced from countries including South Africa, Morocco and the U.S. and the company works with artisans from Cambodia (the original place where their journey started) to finish the process. This style has a removable shoulder strap that you can use for a crossbody bag.

Amy Tan

Northeastern '22

First Year International Affairs Major