This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Spring is slowly approaching. Hopefully that means we can say goodbye to our chunky snow boots and bulky coats. Denim jackets are a must for spring because not only are they stylish, but they can keep you warm on those chilly spring nights. Here are seven denim jackets that you should add to your closet for spring.

1. Forever 21 Leopard Print-Trim Jacket ($28.95)

Looking for the perfect denim jacket to channel your inner fierceness? Well, this one from Forever 21 is perfect for you. It features a leopard print faux fur trim and lining that you can see on the collar, waist hem and sleeve ends. It also has real pockets, which are a major plus. For an affordable price, it is going to be easy to put in your shopping cart.

2. Dolls Kill Sonic Boom Denim Jacket ($52)

This Dolls Kill Sonic Boom Denim Jacket is equal parts fun and cute. The half white and half polka dot design on this jacket will add a bold statement to your outfit. It also features an oversized fit, making it an easy and comfy piece to throw on during the spring season. Pick up one today for some fun, daring looks. 

3. Levi’s Original Trucker Jacket ($69.98)

If you ever owned Levi’s jeans, then you know how well their denim is made. Luckily, the same can be said for their denim jackets, like their classic Original Trucker Jacket. It is a staple that can be layered over any outfit. This style comes in five different colors, so it’s easy to find one that fits your liking.

4. Free People Rumors Denim Jacket ($98)

If you want to add a little pop of color to your outfit, while still keeping true to the original denim jacket, then this Rumors Denim Jacket from Free People is perfect for you. It’s goes great with a simple t-shirt or a nice spring dress. It comes in six different colors, ranging from a bold Venice Red to the Warm Sands color shown above.

5. Urban Outfitters BDG Denim Sherpa Zip-Front Cropped Jacket ($139)

Sometimes it’s hard to not throw on a hoodie and call it an outfit. This Urban Outfitters BDG jacket will allow you to do just that while looking extra stylish. It’s a combination between a hoodie and a denim jacket, with a faux sherpa lining in the hood. It also has cuffed sleeves and hem, making for the perfect fit.

6. Veronica Beard Cara Jean Jacket ($149)

If you would like to add a little sparkle to your outfit, then this Veronica Beard Cara Jean Jacket is perfect for you. It is adorned with rhinestones that line the front and back of the jacket. It also features distressing on the body, back and sleeves, as well as a frayed hem. It’s a perfect piece to complete both your daytime and nighttime look.

7. Madewell Denim Duster Coat ($178)

The Denim Duster Coat from Madewell is far from basic. It is nothing like your classic denim jackets that fall at your hip; instead, it features a cut that stops right below your knees. It also includes two front pockets and an adjustable belt that cinches at the waist. If you decide to get it, be prepared for the stream of compliments.

Amy Tan

Northeastern '22

First Year International Affairs Major