5 Upcoming Albums to Look Forward to in Spring 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Springtime tends to leave everyone searching for new music as the dark clouds and snow of winter subside. Everyone wants new songs to associate with sunshine and birds chirping, and this spring is shaping up to be a fantastic musical season with a wide array of artists dropping new music. If you want some recommendations or something to look forward to, look no further!

Kali Uchis — “Red Moon In Venus”

“Red Moon in Venus” will be Uchis’s first English album release since 2018. With her critically acclaimed 2020 album, “Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios),” Kali Uchis gave her English-speaking fans a wake-up call by encouraging them to give music in another language a try. (PS if you haven’t yet, you are missing out.) If there is anything I can gather from her previous music, this release should be something to seriously look forward to. If you haven’t gotten into Kali Uchis before, now is a perfect time, especially if you enjoy euphoric blends of bedroom pop and R&B. This has serious potential to be one of the best albums this year with features including Don Toliver and Summer Walker. “Red Moon in Venus” is anticipated to drop on March 3rd.

Miley Cyrus – “Endless Summer Vacation”

“Endless Summer Vacation” is set to drop on March 10. Considering we haven’t seen an album from Cyrus since 2020’s “Plastic Hearts,” and few pop stars of her caliber can match her versatility in genres, I am planning to expect the unexpected regarding this release. However, if the way her recent single “Flowers” swept its way to #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 is any indication, the Smilers are in for a serious treat. Cyrus has seen great success while covering pop, rap and rock all before the age of 30. Whatever sound this album takes on, I am confident it will be worth a listen.

Taylor Swift — “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” 

Okay…maybe this selection is wishful thinking, but it would make a lot of sense for Taylor to drop her much-anticipated next re-record before she embarks on “The Eras Tour” which begins on March 18. While she has been radio silent in recent weeks regarding any drops, the music video for “Bejeweled” alluded to “Speak Now” countless times, something Swift practically admitted in interviews shortly after. If this album is released, we can hope for a few epic vault tracks along with Swift returning to her country roots with songs such as “Mine” and “Mean.” While it is highly up in the air, I am manifesting this release into existence.

boygenius — “The Record”

After their beautiful self-titled 2018 EP, this indie rock supergroup left us with a lot to look forward to in anticipation of their first album. When “The Record” was announced this January along with three incredible singles (which you should definitely check out if you haven’t), this hype only grew. “The Record” will drop on March 31, so mark your calendars! I expect this release to contain some perfect anthems for sad girl spring.

Lana Del Ray — “Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd”

Lana Del Ray fans have had an exhilarating past few months leading up to her ninth studio album with the ethereal singles of “A&W” along with the album’s title track. Lana’s vocals and Jack Antonoff’s production have always made a killer combination in past collaborations such as her 2019 album “Norman F***ng Rockwell!That album left me very eager to listen to this new release. Announced initially shortly before Christmas for a March 10 release, this album can now be expected on March 24 after an unexplained pushback. If her recent singles are any indication, this album will be well worth the additional wait. 

Georgia Boyd

Northeastern '25

Georgia Boyd is a third-year psychology major minoring in political science. She loves power yoga, running, animals, pop-culture, and discovering new places to eat around Boston.