5 Things To Do on V-Day if You’re in a Long Distance Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up and for some that might mean a romantic day with their significant other, or for the singles out there, it may be a day of feeling alone. But what about those of us who aren’t single, but are still alone? I’m talking about long distance relationships. Valentine’s Day can feel like salt being rubbed into a wound, reminding us that our significant others aren’t even in the same city, or sometimes even country. But do not fret! Here are a few things you and your significant other can do for Valentine’s Day even when you’re miles apart.

1. Use Gaze

Courtesy of Gaze

Gaze is a website that lets you watch a movie or video in PERFECT SYNC! You don’t have to count down before you press play, and you don’t have to worry about internet lags! Gaze even has a feature where you can see the other person you’re watching the movie with—Skype movie date made easy. Either one of you just has to paste the link into the site and your movie date can start!

2. Skype/FaceTime Date!

Courtesy of All Women’s Talk

Thinking along the same lines, you could each cook a nice dinner for yourself and set up a time to Skype so you’re not eating alone. While this may be challenging for people in different time zones, one of you could be eating breakfast while the other one is eating dinner!

3. Send a letter!

Courtesy of Money Crashers

Nowadays with Snapchat, FaceTime, and Messenger, it’s hard to feel a connection between someone who’s miles away. Surprise your s/o by sending them a letter to open on Valentine’s Day. Write a long, heartfelt note reminding them how much you love them despite the space between you. Maybe even include a cute little graphic!

4. Send a care package

Courtesy of Briotel

It’s one thing to send a card or a teddy bear, but on this special day, switch it up! Send a gift box full of items and foods that you and your s/o use or both love. Put together a collection of significant mementos to remind them of the special times you’ve had together.

5. Get their friends in on it!

Courtesy of The Fashion Spot

Plan a scavenger hunt and have their friends lead them through it. Send over a nice gift for them to find at the end—or better yet, plan a surprise trip and be the prize at the end of the scavenger hunt!