5 Best Winter Weekend Getaways from Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. The Spa at Norwich Inn, Norwich, CT

After a week full of work, you will love being at a place that encourages you to stay in your silky robe and comfy slippers all day long. The Spa at Norwich Inn is full of scenic views, beautiful gardens, heated pools, and steam rooms. The spa offers a wide range of facials and massages. Their Winter Rejuvenation Package is perfect for you and your family or friends, and includes lodging, a three-course dinner, breakfast, two spa services, a fitness class, afternoon tea, and wine tasting.

Courtesy of The Spa at Norwichinn

Courtesy of New England Golf

2. WoodStock Inn, Woodstock, VT

Right in the heart of Vermont, The Woodstock Inn is the best place to forget about your weekday worries and indulge in good food, an award-winning spa, boutiques, and luscious mountain views. The town of Woodstock also offers many good restaurants, shops, and hiking trails. It is the perfect location for a group of friends who want to relax, but also get to know a new place.

Courtesy of B Static

Courtesy of Woodstock Inn

3. Canyon Ranch, Berkshire, MA

This retreat is located in one of the most picturesque regions of Western Massachusetts. It’s a wellness retreat featuring healthy gourmet restaurants, personalized fitness experiences, and a 100,000-square-foot-spa. It’s surrounded by the Berkshire mountains that provide breathtaking views. The town of Berkshire also has a lot of tourist activities like museums and mansion tours.

Courtesy of James Edition

Courtesy of Media cdn

4. Glamping in Maine, Machiasport, ME

This luxury camp is located in the historic seaport town of Maine and can accommodate up to four people. This is THE place for you and your girlfriends if you want a private getaway. Sitting on top of a 130-foot cliff, this glamping site offers amazing views of Howard’s Cove, Jasper beach, and the surrounding woodlands.

Courtesy of Glamping Hub

Courtesy of Glamping Hub

5. Cliffside Inn, Newport, RI

Providence is known for its extraordinary mansions, so what better way to spend the weekend than staying in one! Cliffside Inn is a Victorian mansion that was once home to the Twentieth Century artist Beatrice Turner. It is steps from the famous Newport cliff walk, and only a short walk from the town’s restaurants and shops. Explore the formal gardens and the magnificent decks and verandahs or relax with your friends with a cup of tea or a glass of wine!                                                                                                                Courtesy of Cliffside Inn

Courtesy of Trip Advisor