Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 7png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 7png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
@desiperkins, @makeupbymaylen via Instagram
Style > Beauty

3 Unique Halloween Looks for Makeup Artists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

In the midst of a pandemic, it is always best to try new things and challenge yourself. With Halloween right around the corner, you may be searching “Halloween makeup looks” on Google only to quickly come to the realization that every look seems to be the same. Whether you are going out this Halloween to trick-or-treat, or you’re staying in to watch a movie, it is always fun to branch out and try new creative projects. What better time is there than now to stay home and improve your makeup and artistic skills?

Jeanne Turpault, a promising new face in the makeup industry, is a first-year at Northeastern University. Working as a makeup artist outside of school, in addition to posting makeup looks on @makeup.by.jeanne for her 28k Instagram followers, Turpault’s passion for makeup has inspired her to create several original Halloween looks for 2020.

Spooky Jack-O’-Lantern

If you love the classic skeleton makeup look but think it’s a little too “basic,” a perfect alternative would be this spooky jack-o’-lantern look. Make sure to use orange eyeshadow to add depth and dimension. Take a step further and pop in some gray eye contacts to complete the look.

Unholy Halloween

Halloween is all about dressing up and giving a good scare. Intertwine these two core factors of Halloween and try this makeup look of a bloody inverted cross. Pop in some gray eye contacts for an empty, soulless look.

Crime Scene Tape: Do Not Cross

Barricade tape is an essential part of Halloween decor. Incorporate this into your makeup and add some fake blood to really accentuate the fear factor.

Halloween is one of the few days of the year when art and creativity are encouraged in how we look and dress, so take advantage of this opportunity. Maybe refrain from going to heavily populated places during a global pandemic, and stay home to embrace your inner artist instead!

Cathy Ching

Northeastern '24

Cathy Ching is a second-year student at Northeastern University. She is a journalism major with minors in communication studies and environmental studies.
Sreya is a third-year combined computer science and business major. Prior to being Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief from 2020-2021, she was an editor for Northeastern's chapter. Besides being part of Her Campus, she's also in HackBeanpot and Scout. She spends most of her free time watching cringy reality shows, scrolling through Twitter, and going to concerts.