Squid game graphic (Player 067 with symbols in the background)
Original photo by Mairi O\'Toole
Style

2021 Halloween Costume Forecast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Once again it is that time of year where everyone is struggling to find their last minute Halloween costumes via Amazon Prime one day delivery. I for one, can say I waited till the absolute last minute trying to gather any and every unique trendy Halloween costume for this season. The question is though, “what are the anticipated Halloween costumes that are gonna be featured this year?” Last year we saw several repeating trends with the iconic space cowgirl and dark angels but what about this year? According to the “Best Halloween Costume” tik toks and sold out amazon items I can give you a few ideas of the most popular costumes I think we will be seeing this season. 

Starting at the top with my favorite forecasted Halloween trend is the fashionable and affordable fairy costume. Now this costume is so affordable but so cute especially for large groups who want to choose from the 28 color options on Amazon. This costume can easily be found by finding a cute lace nighty off amazon and adding some $10 wings and some body glitter. This costume also makes for the cutest Instagram posts which we can thank Kendall and Kylie Jenner for in their 2019 fairy costume content. Coming in next in a more humorous light is the iconic bald Pitbull costume that I think we will be seeing a lot of. I mean we all love Pitbull since he is in fact “The Mr. Worldwide, so why not purchase an eight dollar bald cap, some cheap dark aviators and a black suit. Personally I think this costume is iconic and easy and will be expected to see a lot of attention on Instagram for the groups that show up to the party all dressed in Pitbull attire. Lastly, with the release of so many new Netflix shows and music albums I think there will be plenty of costumes featuring the members of Squid Game, Olivia Rodrigo’s “Good For You” music video, and the notorious black baseball cap Joe from “You”.

So with this anticipated costume agenda, don’t be too surprised if you walk into a party filled with several Pitbulls, cause you did in fact hear it here first.

Jessica Burleigh

Northeastern '24

I am a second year here at Northeastern University and am originally from San Diego, California. When I am not writing, I love to find the latest fashion/wellness trends and explore new parts of Boston!