20 Demoralizing Laundry Situations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

As if you needed any reminders, laundry is the worst.

1. When all of your socially acceptable clothes are dirty, so you have to trek to the laundry room in your most embarrassing sweats and t-shirt combo… and then proceed to pass every person imaginable

2. When you decide to do laundry on a Wednesday night to avoid the weekend madness and discover just about everyone else in your building had the same plan

3. When you open the door of a seemingly empty washer and are drenched by a wave of sudsy water

4. When the card reader is out of order and you have to drag your laundry all the way back to your room to scavenge for quarters (seriously, what is the point of laundry bucks?)

5. When you feed the machine all of your quarters and it still refuses to work

6. When you express your frustration by growling under your breath, attracting judgment from everyone in the laundry room

7. When you finally get the washer to register your quarters and are so excited that you leave without pressing the start button… and your clothes just sit in a machine for an hour

8. When you return to the laundry room, realize in horror that you forgot to press the start button, and have to go back to your room (probably crying) to find more quarters

9. When you get to the laundry room two minutes after your cycle ends and find someone already removing your clothesbras and allfrom the washer

10. When said person glares at you as if he’s the victim in this situation, and you actually feel the need to apologize (but really, you should never feel this way)

11. When every dryer is occupiedthe majority having been idle for hoursand you spend five minutes debating whether or not to remove someone’s clothes

12. When you finally decide to take someone’s finished load out of the dryer, only for the owner of those clothes to catch you red-handed

13. When said person gives you a nasty look (this time, you actually deserve it) and you hang your head in shame while slowly backing away from the dryer

14. When you have to clean a lint screen that looks like it hasn’t been touched in weeks (how has the dryer not caught on fire yet?!)

15. When your granny panties fall on the floor while you’re carrying your clothes from the washer to the dryer

16. When your clothes are still damp after one dry cycle, so you put them in for another… and another…and another (bye bye laundry funds)

17. When you realize too late that you’ve thrown your best sweaters in the dryer

18. When you return to your room with your dried clothes and realize you’re missing a sock

19. When it dawns on you that you forgot to wash your favorite sweatshirt

20. When you realize you’ve just lost three hours of your life, and that you’ll have to wash sheets and towels next week
Jillian Ferrari

Northeastern

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: