This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Fall, or should I say winter, is in full swing but either way it is definitely sweater season. The best part about the cold weather outside is getting to wear cute sweaters as you curl up in a blanket and stay inside. From cardigans, prints, preppy styles, and patterns to the classic pullover sweater, I’ve compiled a list of the best sweaters this season so as you stay inside and drink that hot chocolate by your imaginary fire, you can shop online and have the sweaters come to you! Or you can hit the shops this weekend as a perfect proscraination for finals….

Cardigans: A cardigan is the most important and useful type of sweater. Whenever I go to class, the mall, or the movies, I always grab a cardigan to take with me just in case it gets colder than I expected. These are a quick, light, and easy way to dress up any outfit for the office or to dress down any outfit for going out.

Check them out here: (Loft, ChicWish, ModCloth)

[pagebreak]

Prints: One of the latest fashion trends I’ve been seeing everywhere are printed sweaters, and I completely understand why. Everyone loves cute animals, so why not have one on your sweater as well.

Check them out here: (Old Navy, Etsy, TopShop, J. Crew)

[pagebreak]

Patterns: If you are feeling a little more bold, go for a printed sweater. These come in all different colors and can be as crazy or as mild as you are comfortable with wearing. Patterned sweaters are great to pair with a simple pair of jeans to make your outfit more interesting.

Check them out here: (ModCloth, Nasty Gal, TopShop, Forever 21, Old Navy, ChicWish)

[pagebreak]

Preppy: For those of you that love to dress like Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl, these sweaters are perfect. Pair these with some straight legged jeans, cute flats and simple pearls and you will be set to model in every school catalog as a “model student.”

Check them out here: (Loft, TopShop, ModCloth)

[pagebreak]

Classic: You can never go wrong with a classic sweater. They are warm, cute, and make you look put-together even if you aren’t. These should be your go-to item when wanting to appear semi-professional when meeting with advisors or your boyfriend’s parents.

Check them out here: (Madewell, Forever 21, Loft, Loft)

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!