The 12 Trends of Christmas On Sale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

A Style Snapshot by Anastasia Nelson

Getting a late start to holiday shopping? Not trying to break the bank? Neither are we! Lord & Taylor has an amazing Friends & Family Sale just in time for the holidays… So what’s on your wish list?

This semester we saw playful plaids, serious sparkle and not-so-serious faux-furs trending, and now they are ready for Northeastern’s winter. With an additional 25% off at Lord & Taylor, we are sanctioning you to treat yourself!

So, the 12 Trends of Christmas your true love (yourself, duh!) gave to thee…

A 12-Inch Jingle Bell Wreath

For your dorm room, apartment, or maybe even to bring back home, this fun and stylish wreath is great because it can be saved and used for years to come! Buy this now, and never have to buy a wreath again–it’s practical, stylish, and on sale… win/win/win!?

11 Pairs of Stockings

Okay, maybe not “stockings,” but tights–opaque tights! There is no reason the cold should stop you from wearing your skirts or dresses this winter, and opaque tights are here to help.

10 Lord & Taylor Cashmere Sweaters

Just the word “cashmere” screams luxury, and who are you to deprive yourself? The quality of these sweaters makes them worth it even if they weren’t on sale. Not to mention they are warm and soft… So warm and soft.

9 Skirts for Dancing

Now that you have stocked up on tights, you know you’re in the clear to keep wearing skirts this season. Have you checked out Love Ady’s Metallic Faux Leather skirts? If not, you should.

8 Mini Maise Handbags

Kate Spade, you’ve done it again. And after seeing these gorgeous bags, we’re guessing you agree… We’re also guessing you can no longer imagine attending any holiday party without one of these fabulous bags. Plus, these mini, crossbody bags come in great colors like black, pink, blue, and wine! You cannot go wrong.

7 Piped Trim PJs

In dorm rooms, a polished PJ look is very important. Fashion doesn’t sleep… Unless you are wearing some of these great flannel PJs of course. Ralph Lauren has some fun designs.

6 Scarves and Gloves

Think big, fluffy, warm and Australia. These UGG knit hats and gloves are amazing for your head and hands, and we’re willing to bet they will warm your heart too–these make a seriously thoughtful gift for yourself.

5 Golden Rings

Why think up a new line to the song when it’s so appropriate? Jewelry is one of the best gifts to give and receive during the holidays. There is nothing quite like extra sparkle to help light up the holidays.

4 Glass Candy Ornaments

How perfect are these? Non-traditional ornaments are very in, and these fun and colorful additions to your mini, dorm tree will make all the difference. Your friends will be envious of your trendy tree.

3 New Suits

Hello, co-op students! Northeastern sophomores heading out on co-op for the first time–this one is particularly for you! Suits for your first co-op are essential, but they are typically a little pricey for a collegiette’s budget. Tahari Arthur S. Levine has some amazing suit sets on sale that are simply impossible to overlook.

2 Coats of Note

A coat is very important to a winter wardrobe. It’s the first thing that people will notice as they walk past you on your way to Rebecca’s, or even Marino. Make a statement with your winter-wear and stay warm while staying stylish. We promise it’s a lot easier than you think with 25% off!

1 Faux Fur Throw to Snuggle under the Tree

Whether you have a tree or not, these amazing faux fur throws from Lord & Taylor will not disappoint. If you have a twin extra-long, a queen, or a couch, this throw will do nothing but improve your snuggling experience. It’s just a fact.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!