10 Ways to Step Up Your Finals Studying Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

We all know the feeling: Finals are quickly approaching, your stress levels are mounting, and available spots at Snell are disappearing quicker than ever. It’s the end of the semester! Juggling studying, sleeping and eating can be hard to do, but there are always ways to make your studying more efficient and your life easier. With these tips, you can go from looking like this:

To looking like this:

Here are a few tips that will make your life just a little bit easier during finals week!

1. Create a study schedule if you have multiple tests to study for in a short period of time.

2. Try to handwrite notes instead of typing them. It helps you remember information better!

3. Use multiple colors when taking notes in order to help you remember crucial information easily.

4. Go to your professor’s office hours/review sessions if they offer them! It’s the perfect time to get possible exam questions and good test tips.

5. Get a friend or a group of friends to study with and quiz each other.

6. Make sure to stay hydrated.

7. Review old tests, quizzes and questionnaires. Professors usually have similar questions on the final exam.

8. Listen to mellow and relaxing music.

9. Take frequent breaks.

10. Make sure you are well rested and relaxed. Stress is never good for studying!

We hope these have provided you with some ideas to help you study for your finals better! Remember that you’ve made it through half of the year, and you can get through anything you put your mind to!

Maria I Lisac

Northeastern

business student from Panama City, Panama. food & dog lover travel enthusiast