10 Things We’ll Miss about HIMYM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

All good things must come to an end. This includes the television shows we grew up with and learned to love, like Full House and Boy Meets World. The next greatest loss of this kind will be that of How I Met Your Mother, a sitcom that centers on a father, Ted Mosby, telling his two children just how he met their mother, a story that went on for nine years and is sadly wrapping up TODAY.

Throughout its long stint on the air, there have been many rumors as to how the saga will end – that is, how Ted will finally cross paths with “the mother.” I have loved this show since the beginning, and I am sad to see it go, but instead of focusing on the negatives and dwelling on what, rumor has it, could be a terribly sad and dismal end, here are some of my favorite things about the show which will always make me smile, even when it’s no longer on the air.

1. Lily and Marshall as the most dynamic and awesome couple to ever walk the streets of NYC. Their adorable actions and epic high fives will be hard to replace.

2.The intensity that is Barney Stinson and his relentless attempts to win over every girl in the city. His determination knew no boundaries and was an inspiration to all.

3. The endless amounts of high fives, whatever the occasion.

4. The ridiculous things these “adults” choose to spend their time doing, which reminds us to always have fun no matter how old you are or how professional you are expected to be.

5. Lily’s “you son of a bi$#h” face.

6. Marsh-Pillow.

7. Ted’s ridiculously cool (?) driving gloves.

8. Robin Sparkles and her amazingly catchy songs.

9. The amazingly long way Barney expresses his love for an event, person, or activity, which is now used by people around the globe.

10. And of course, the best group of friends since, well, Friends.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!