This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

As classes and co-ops pick up, you start to getting into a daily routine. A Spotify playlist is the perfect way to get you through the day. Having a mixed playlist of chill songs to do work to and upbeat songs to jam to is key.

False Art by Ben Kesseler and Lizzy McAlpine

The soft melody of the song walks the fine line between classic pop and indie. While the lyrics unpack a distaste towards a picture-perfect relationship, the delicate balance between Kesseler and McAlpine’s voices make for a delightful duet.

Canyon Moon by Harry Styles

This upbeat, hippie-inspired track will transport you into the free-spirited mindset of the 1970s. Style’s light vocals and layered harmonies provide the perfect backtrack for your studying. 

Tightrope by ZAYN

“Tightrope” is my personal favorite song off of ZAYN’s latest album, “Nobody Is Listening.” Nothing says “ear candy” like guitar chords and angelic vocals.

Frozen by Sabrina Claudio

At 21, Sabrina Claudio released this R&B masterpiece that has been rotating in and out of my playlist for the last couple of years.

The Louvre by Lorde 

Like many Lorde songs, “The Louvre” sets your mind free. It’s the perfect song to listen to while imagining yourself running through Paris at night with your best friend. 

Dress by Charlotte Sands 

After hearing this song on TikTok, it was immediately added to my playlist. The fast-paced trackgets your energy going with the snap of a finger— an instant serotonin boost.

What a Time by Julia Michaels ft. Niall Horan 

The rasp in Michaels’ voice harmonizes with the elegance in Horan’s. This song is guaranteed to pull your heartstrings in all the right ways. 

Hope is a Heartache by LÉON 

LÉON’s unique voice and powerful lyrics will warm your heart and sooth your mind.

Stockholm Syndrome by One Direction

Being the One Direction stan that I am, it would be impossible for me to go through a playlist without adding a classic. As soon as you hear the first instrumental, you’ll immediately get a rush through your system that’ll undoubtedly lead to a quick jam session.

Pierre by Ryn Weaver

This folk-sounding song instantly transports me into a summer fair field. The upbeat, twangy track is the perfect way to wrap up this playlist.

Jessica Brite

Northeastern '23

Jess is a fourth-year journalism major with a double minor in communications and global fashion studies at Northeastern University. Born and raised in NYC Jess enjoys all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle and music!