10 DIY Halloween Madness Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, so that means more time to celebrate with cute decorations, delicious foods, and other Halloween-related fun. So go ahead, put down those books and stop studying for an hour or two, take a break, gather some friends and make one of these awesome DIY projects.From halloween festive wine labels to spooky cupcake delights to a pumpkin drink dispenser- we have you covered this holiday!

Glitter Pumpkins – Instead of carving pumpkins and making a mess, make a mess with glitter this year instead! RSA will be giving away FREE PUMPKINS this Sunday from 12-4pm in Centennial, so pick up your pumpkin and make something pretty for your room.

[pagebreak]

Paper Pumpkins – Are real pumpkins too much for you? Try making paper pumpkins instead to decorate your dorm. Plus, you don’t have to worry about throwing them out if they smell!

[pagebreak]

Ghostie Garland– Looking for some Halloween decoration to put on your dorm room or apartment door for the holiday? These ghosts are so adorable and would be perfect to make your door stand out in the dorms.

[pagebreak]

Orange-a-lanterns – These oranges are so cute. Grab a few oranges from the dining hall and a sharpie, and draw away. Plus when you’re done decorating, you have a healthy snack! Another adorable idea is to draw jack-o-lanterns on ping pong balls before your next party to play pong with.

[pagebreak]

Printable Halloween Wine Bottle Labels– Planning on spending Halloween staying in watching scary movies and drinking a bottle of wine? Print out these labels before and have the cutest bottles of wine ever. Even if it isn’t Halloween, print these and use them anyway because that wine looks awesome.

[pagebreak]

Halloween Kit Kat Frankenstein Treats – Just look at this picture. Delicious.

[pagebreak]

Graveyard Cupcakes– These cupcakes make just about everyone think of their childhood and eating “dirt” cupcakes, or perhaps you were one of those kids that actually ate dirt. Anyway, make these for Halloween and remember all of those beautiful costumes you wore when you were little trick-or-treating through your neighborhood.

[pagebreak]

Halloween Pancake Molds– Instead of using cookie cutters for only cookies, why not make pancakes instead? Or both! These are adorable and festive. You can also use cookie cutters to carve pumpkins for those not good with knives.

[pagebreak]

Pumpkin Drink Dispenser– For those of you Halloween-obsessed and super DIY crafters, this drink dispenser would be amazing to make and use. For the rest of us, lets just look at it and dream that we could possibly make something that cool, someday.

[pagebreak]

Lace Halloween Cat Ears– Looking to make your own costume this year? Or just a cute headband to wear and pretend it counts as a full costume (ie. “I’m a mouse, duh” from Mean Girls). These cat ears are easy to make, pretty and creative.

Did you make any of these projects or have any favorites of your own? Share them with us in the comments section!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!