10 Best Tiffany Haddish Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Ever since her critically-acclaimed role in “Girls Trip,” Tiffany Haddish has been one of the most praised comedians of the year. In the last year, she successfully hosted SNL, filmed a Showtime comedy special, “TIFFANY HADDISH: SHE READY! From the Hood to Hollywood,” and released her inspiring memoir, “The Last Black Unicorn.” I recently got into a Youtube-hole and watched as many interviews with Tiffany Haddish as I could find. At two in the morning on a Tuesday night, I became completely captivated with Haddish. She exudes perseverance and positivity and is on-the-floor-gasping-for-air funny, all at the same time. She makes me laugh so hard that I make awful guttural noises that makes it sound like I’m dying, but I don’t care because she’s so damn funny. So, here are my top ten favorite Tiffany Haddish moments:

10. Announcing the Oscar Nominees with Andy Serkis

Courtesy of The Ringer

Oscar nominees come out so early in the morning, and it’s not really a particularly interesting thing to watch live. But, Tiffany Haddish worked her charm and made the announcements witty and playful. When she stumbled on a word or messed up someone’s name, she laughed and kept on going. She sprinkled in some “mhm’s” and “wahoos” after nominees she supported like Meryl Streep and Jordan Peele.

9. Playing ‘White Phoebe’ in Jay Z’s music video “Moonlight”

Courtesy of Google User Content

I didn’t know how badly I needed this music video until I saw it. Everything about this was perfect, especially Tiffany as Phoebe!

8. Her entire role in “Girls Trip”

Courtesy of Giphy

This role is her claim to fame, and rightfully so. She was brilliantly quick, funny, and perfectly embodied that fun-loving, consequence-ignoring friend that we all have.  

7.  Calling out men in Hollywood for sexual harassment on SNL

Courtesy of Giphy

Yas, girl! Preach!

6. When she rapped “Bodak Yellow” for Barbra Streisand

​                                                                                                                    Courtesy of Fader

The pair became friends at an A-list dinner party. Tiffany brought up rapper Cardi B and how inspirational she is to young kids. When Barbara didn’t know who Cardi B was, Tiffany started rapping “Bodak Yellow” for her to which Barbara replied, “sounds catchy.”

5.  Tiffany crying over Ellen renting her a Tesla for a week

Tiffany told Ellen that one day she wants to buy herself a Tesla and diamonds, but she feels as though they are too expensive. Ellen, being the wonderful person that she is, rented her a Tesla for a week. Tiffany freaked out like she won the lottery; she was crying, dancing, and crying some more. My heart just melted. Watch the video here.

4. When she thanked her bullies for making her rich                                                                                                       Courtesy of Simon and Schuster

In her book, ”The Last Black Unicorn,” she recalls when kids in school used to bully her for a wart she had on her forehead by calling her a “dirty unicorn.” She decided when she got older to use her nickname to make money off it by including unicorn in the title of her book. She even thanked her bullies on live national television on “Good Morning America!”

3. This wholesome selfie with Beyoncé                                                                                                            Courtesy of The Daily Mail

According to Tiffany, she was about to get into a fight with another woman at a party and Beyoncé stepped in (like the angel that she is) and told Tiffany to just have fun. Tiffany said, “I’m only going to have fun if you take a selfie with me,” which led to this precious selfie. I want this framed in my house.

2. She took Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith on a Groupon Swamp Tour

I can’t even summarize this story. Please watch this interview, it will have you crying.

1. Now she’s the spokesperson for Groupon!

Tiffany is the definition for balling on a budget! Her interview on Jimmy Kimmel went viral and Groupon approached her to be their new spokesperson. Her commercial will play during the Superbowl. Go Tiffany!

Watch it here.

Sophomore at Northeastern University. Interested in Fashion, Beauty, Culture, and Politics!