The 10 Best Red Carpet Oscar Moments as Told by Leonardo DiCaprio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

The Oscars: A night where the greatest talents in filmmaking come together to honor each other for their achievements, while millions of people around the world watch with bated breath. But before the awards themselves start, we get to witness the pinnacle of annual fashion displays: the Oscars Red Carpet. Some looks shocked us, others made us nauseous, and a few took our breath away. But the very best of the best can only be described by the king of the 2016 Oscars himself. Here are the ten best Oscars red carpet fashion moments as told by Leonardo DiCaprio:

Priyanka Chopra

Former Miss World, famed Bollywood actress, and current star of ABC’s Quantico, Priyanka Chopra had everyone in awe as she graced the red carpet in a white Zuhair Murad gown.

Olivia Munn

Olivia Munn deserves a round of applause for proving to the world that there is a right way to wear orange on the red carpet. All eyes were on her in this electric Stella McCartney dress with subtle silver accessories.

Eddie Redmayne

I couldn’t have said it better myself, Leo. Eddie Redmayne looked like a velvet dream wearing sleek Alexander McQueen on the red carpet.

Saoirse Ronan

Saoirse had us all doing a double take in this dazzling emerald gown by Calvin Klein. Could the eye-catching color have been a heartwarming homage to her homeland? Either way, Saoirse did not disappoint.

Lady Gaga

No, your eyes do not deceive you, Lady Gaga wore pants to the Oscars, and she rocked them, if I do say so myself. The songstress looked stunning and statuesque in Brandon Maxwell’s modern take on old-Hollywood style.

Sam Smith

Never underestimate the power and beauty of a well-tailored suit. Sam Smith looked suave on Sunday night wearing a dapper Dunhill tux.

Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron shocked and wowed in this fiery red Dior gown, accentuating the plunging neckline and low back with a long diamond necklace. Needless to say, she left everyone breathless.

Brie Larson

As a first-timer on the Oscars Red Carpet, Brie Larson pulled out all the stops. Her flowing, royal blue Gucci gown and ornate belt had everyone’s heads turning.

Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett’s dress told us that Spring has indeed sprung, regardless of the weather. She looked graceful and alluring in this ice blue Armani Prive gown fit for a fairy queen.

Leonardo DiCaprio

Last, but certainly not least, is the man of the hour himself, Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo always pulls out a classic look for the red carpet, and this year was no exception. He looked dashing in a timeless Giorgio Armani suit, tailored to perfection, and truly worthy of an Oscar winner. Cheers to you Leo.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!