Tips for the Ultimate Relaxing Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

In just two weeks we will be out in the hallways of our university buildings singing “What time is it? SUMMER TIME, it’s our vacation!” (Ah I wish!). While that is most definitely not happening, summer vacation is and you can feel proud of yourself because you have completed another year of college and have won some very well deserved vacations where you can pamper yourself and chill as much as you want without having to worry about essays or tests creeping up to you mid-netflix marathon.

While summer vacations by themselves are great there are a few small things that can improve them A LOT! So if you want to have a bomb summer and enter a complete relaxation zone keep reading this article because I will give you a 5  tips to accomplish this goal.

1- Pamper your skin

TREAT YOURSELF GIRL! You have worked so hard this academic year and I know that by this point in the semester you probably are stressing and your skin is breaking out, you have bags under your eyes and your hair might or might not be always in a bun because who has time as this point to stylish their hair?!  

So while you are at home watching some new shows or re-watching some of your favorites you can start fixing your skin so it glows again, you can always take a shower and apply a face mask! I highly recommend the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful™ Clearing Sweet Tea + Lemon Peel-Off Mask! Not only is this mask made with completely natural ingredients but it also smells really good and as soon as you peel it you can feel how your skin is so much lighter, toned and smooth. It also includes antioxidants because of the tea so this is a great mask to rejuvenate your skin after this rough semester.

If you are not very fond of the peel-off masks because they hurt, you can always try the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal + Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub! This face mask will exfoliate your skin from all the debris and dead skin so that you skin can freely breath again! The charcoal in this mask absorbs the oil without making your skin super dry and the black sugar helps create a smooth and soft complexion.

2. Care for your hair

Your hair by this point of the semester might be also suffering some minor damages such as breaking, or it might get tangled really easily! While you probably didn’t have time to really pay attention to these things because they weren’t as visible, they are still there and now that you finally have some time you should fix your hair!

The first thing you should do is not shower every day, while this seems strange I have a good reason to say this! Our hair produces oil and this oil helps our hair to be more soft, shiny and healthy looking, so taking a shower every day takes away these nutrients and oils and this might be the reason your hair might be looking unhealthy. If you know you are staying home most of the day, don’t shower, and if you go out put on a bit of dry shampoo!! The Oh Be Hive Dry Shampoo by Bed Head by TIGI is a very light dry shampoo that will absorb only the excess oils and create some volume on your hair!

While you take a shower make sure to use LOTS of conditioner so it doesn’t tangle as much, but if you want to have a 100% tangle free hair that also smells like citrus then you need to try the Beach Freak Moisturizing Detangler Spray by Bed Head by TIGI.  Just spray a bit of this “magical water” to your hair and your hair will be so much easier to brush, plus it will reduce the damage that your hair might have. It will also feel so much softer and nourished after this.

If you have curly hair, or like to style your hair with beach waves or curls, but have a hard time making them stay curly or wavy enough because of the heat the you should get the Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist by Bed Head by TIGI. This gel mist with algae extracts will help you control frizz, build hold and shine to your hair and beat the heatwave!!

3. Craft your boredom away

Summer means free time and this is great, but too much free time might cause a bit of boredom! To prevent this from happening you can always create some crafts! This is the perfect time to finally create the super cute pinterest craft you saw through the semester and saved! For a lot of craft projects I need strong glue to make sure it won’t break so I love using the Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles! Not only are they the cutest and tiniest thing that you have ever seen! They are easy to carry and store but they have the same glue power as the normal size crazy glue!

4. Soften your legs

Through the semester you shaved your legs in a hurry, I know, don’t lie. These fast shaving can cause your legs to be irritable and sensitive so now is the perfect time to have the perfectly soft shaven legs to rock those skirts and shorts! (Or you could not shave, smash those social constructs!) Lately I have been using the Schick Quattro YOU™ disposable razors. They have blades so sharp, but delicate, that can skip a day or two of shaving! These razors also have scented handles with exotic violet blooms fragrance and a thin handle for easy grab. Plus they are only $6.60!!

To make my legs less irritable I also like to use the Skintimate 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner.  This 2-in-1 cream and skin conditioner make sure your legs are smooth and moisturized for 24 hours thanks to its shea butter and soy protein. It comes in two variants which are Coconut Silk and Delicate Water Lily! I promise they leave your legs looking healthy and smooth!

5.  Play with your makeup routine!

Right now it’s the perfect time to play around with your makeup and try new looks! You can create new looks for different occasions through the semester such as “late to class” makeup or “no sleep” makeup.  I know that one of the most important things about a makeup routine is to have the perfect shape eyebrows! And while you have time to go to get your eyebrows shaped you might not always have the money. If you have this problem too then you have to try the Schick Silk Touch Up Razor! It’s the perfect tool to shape your eyebrows and they are so small you can take them on your purse for last minute fixtures.

While you are playing around with your makeup routine you might need a new lipstick shade, one that is natural looking but still adds shine to your lips, and I have the perfect lipstick!! The Buxom Full-On™ Lip Polish in Dolly gives you a shimmer-sheer finish and adds volume to your lips with its peptide and hyaluronic acid booster that  helps stimulate collagen! It also contains Vitamins A and E so your lips are fully pampered and moisturized.

I really hope that you have the most wonderful summer vacation and that these five tips help you relax and restore your skin/hair after all the damages that they suffered through the semester! Enjoy your free time because you’ve earned it!

All pictures by:Andrea Morales 

Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.