This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

March is getting closer and closer, and we all know what that means… Spring Break! The beautiful week we get off school and finally get some rest and re-charge for those finals coming soon. Spring Break is a great week for traveling to the beach and spending time with friends, except when you’re broke and can’t even afford to go back home. But don’t worry, you can still have a great break week at your campus, below are some of my favorite things when I can’t go anywhere and have a budget.

• Binge watch ‘till you drop

This week is the perfect time to catch up on that show that you’re are totally obsessed with but never had time to watch because of school. You can stay up until late night without the worry of having to wake up early for school, one of the best feelings ever! So grab some popcorn and start watching those shows!

• Read for pleasure

During school, you read a lot, but most of the time it’s academic related topics that we might not be interested in. Spring Break is the time to finally grab that book you’ve been trying to start since the beginning of the semester and enjoy reading it.

• Visit your city

Most of the students don’t leave campus during the semester, sometimes we even forget there is something else out there. During Spring Break go out and explore your city, visit the local stores, check out the museums they have, look up what events your city might be hosting during that week.

• Get crafty

All over Pinterest and Facebook there are always cute DIY projects that don’t require lots of money or amazing crafting skills. So pick a video and start crafting! Create something for a friend, or just as a new decoration for your room.

• Cook!

Take this week and experiment with new recipes, try different styles of cooking and find out which one is faster and easier for a school week when you just don’t feel like going over to your cafeteria.

• Explore your campus

Campus is always filled with students during the semester, so you just go from your dorm to your classes and the student union. This week campus has no students, so maybe go check out the different buildings that your campus has, enjoy the peacefulness of a silent campus.

I hope you try some of these ideas! And don’t worry, there is always another spring break to travel to the beach! Happy Spring Break everyone! 

Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.
Camila is currently a freshman at New Mexico State University and will be the NMSU chapter's campus correspondent. She is working on a major in Finance and a minor in Journalism, is part of a sorority on campus, and also hosts weekly radio shows.