This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

It’s 2016—a new year full of surprises and excitement awaits. And with that comes a new semester, which will also be full of the unknown.

But the unknown doesn’t always have to be negative, so we’ve come up with a few tips to help this semester be your best one yet.  

1. Be Organized

Keeping an agenda and writing down all of your future assignment will help you to keep track of things and not forget important dates.

2. Eat breakfast

Eating a good breakfast before starting your classes will help you focus better in class, feel better and stay more active during the day.

3. Don’t procrastinate

Procrastination is your enemy. To stress less, get things done early. You won’t regret it.

4. Get some sleep

Sleep is important. It might be hard to get the full eight hours but aim for at least five hours, otherwise you will not be able to focus in class.

5. Exercise

Exercise will help you keep a healthy body and mind. Make some time in your busy schedule for it.

6. Don’t binge watch Netflix

Finding an awesome new show on Netflix mid-semester can be a disaster. You want to binge watch season one all day, right? Don’t do it. Especially in the middle of the week. It will completely disorganize your day and put you off balance. And remember what we said about procrastinating? Netflix is the biggest enabler of this pesky habit.

Good luck with your Spring 2016 semester, Aggies!

Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.
Fernanda Teixeira is a senior at New Mexico State University who is majoring in Mass Communication and minoring in Advertising/Marketing. When she's not running around on campus, you can usually find her in the corner shoving her face with jellybeans. Her favorite hobbies include talking 24/7 about her dog, showing people photos of her dog, and seamlessly fitting her dog into everyday conversations. Did I mention she has a dog?