Seven apps you must have for college

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Trying to keep your priorities straight during your college can be difficult with so many things that need to be done. Luckily, there are these little things on your phone called apps, and thank goodness for them! Here is a list of apps you might want to install on your phone in order to make things easier for you in college.

Dictionary: This app comes in handy when the professor is going over the lesson in class and suddenly uses a word you might not be familiar with or when you’re playing trivia. It is easy to use and it helps you keep up in class. [iPhone] [Android]

Mathway: Mathway is a free app that allows you to insert any math equation into their calculator and shows you step-by-step how to get to the correct answer. From basic math to statistics, this app is sure to help you with any equation. [iPhone] [Android]

ColorNote Notepad Notes: I have had this app on my phone since my freshman year of college and it has never failed to remind me of everything I need to do throughout the week. This app makes it easier to keep up with your to-do list as well as adding or deleting any post-it notes. [Android]

Biography: When writing a research paper, coming across names of people who have made an impact in history is not at all rare, especially. This app will give you all the knowledge and background history you need to know about them and how they changed society. The app also includes quotes. [Android]

LinkdIn: This is an app you are definitely want to have if you are in search of any job opportunities. It is great for creating connections and it lets you upload your resume. [iPhone] [Android]

Wunderlist: Wunderlist is an app that keeps your ideas, things to do, places to see and books you want to read. It is an app that helps you organize your interests outside of school. [iPhone] [Android]

Spotify: Whether you’re doing homework, on your way to class, at the gym or simply hanging out with your friends, Spotify gives you music from all your favorite artists. The app is free and lets you play music on shuffle mode. There is also Spotify Premium which allows you to upgrade meaning you can play any track at any time with no ads and it works even when you’re offline. For students, Spotify offers 50 percent off Premium which would only be $4.99 a month. [iPhone] [Android]

Journalism major
Fernanda Teixeira is a senior at New Mexico State University who is majoring in Mass Communication and minoring in Advertising/Marketing. When she's not running around on campus, you can usually find her in the corner shoving her face with jellybeans. Her favorite hobbies include talking 24/7 about her dog, showing people photos of her dog, and seamlessly fitting her dog into everyday conversations. Did I mention she has a dog?