This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

So, we’re still in quarantine and the coronavirus still rages on. While all of this is going on, we have all been advised to stay home as often as we possibly can for the safety of ourselves and of others. Since we are inside so much, let’s talk about TV. Television has allowed us to escape the world that we live in because it just sucks so badly right now. It is very difficult for life to be fun, and if there is any solace in watching 8 straight hours of Netflix, then to each their own, Let’s go over some shows that need more love and are definitely worth your time. 

Twin Peaks    (Netflix and Hulu with Showtime)

This show is an old cult classic with legions of dedicated fans that span generations. This was one of those shows that got canceled way too soon after only 2 seasons. Twin Peaks will probably raise more questions than answer them, but that’s what makes it interesting. You will fall in love with these spunky and unique characters (especially Special Agent Dale Cooper) and the charming but mysterious town of Twin Peaks. This series rocked the world with the question of “Who killed Laura Palmer?” and instantly became a phenomenon. It’s not the most chipper of television shows, but you won’t be able to look away.

Derry Girls   (Netflix)

Ok, let me just say that this is legitimately one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. It takes place in late 1990s Derry, Ireland during the end of The Troubles. Despite the bleak setting, the adventures of these teenage girls (and one English fellow) are absolutely hilarious. They are all incredibly unique, fleshed out, and stupid in a way only know-it-all teenagers can be. Whether it’s sneaking off to a Take That concert or faking a miracle of divine intervention, their shenanigans are never boring. Not enough people have seen this show! It isn’t even long, with only 12, half-hour episodes. It can be binged in a day, so just do it. Just be careful that you don’t hurt your face from laughing too much. 

James Acaster: Repertoire   (Netflix)

I say this with all sincerity, I want to marry comedian James Acaster. He’s just so talented, but seriously this comedy special told in 4 hour-long parts, is nothing short of genius. All 4 specials weave together so cleverly and there isn’t a moment of it that isn’t absolutely hilarious. James Acaster is definitely a comedian that the United States definitely needs to look out for. If you give this a watch, you will without a doubt, fall in love with him, just like I did. 

Nailed It!     (Netflix)

I’ll admit that I love watching people be bad at stuff. Nailed It! Is chalk full of people being really bad at baking and it is oh so entertaining. With impossible time limits and even more impossible cake to recreate, the only direction these contestants have to go is downhill. Host Nicole Byer is both charming and hilarious and her banter with professional pastry chef Jacques Torres is absolutely delightful. The show isn’t cruel, just a whole lot of fun. Everyone knows how to laugh at themselves and you can feel free to laugh along with them.

I Am Not Okay With This    (Netflix)

Netflix canceled this show after one season and I’m mad about it. It was too good! Why would you deny us a second season, Netflix? This show is about an awkward teenage girl as she tries to survive high school while discovering that she has some insane powers. The results are fascinating, hilarious, and so fun to watch. It’s kind of like Carrie with a gen z twist to it. Definitely worth the watch, even if there is no second season. 

High Fidelity     (Hulu)

Yet, another show that got canceled after one season, because we can’t have nice things in 2020. Listen, High Fidelity is amazing and deserves so much more attention than it got. This is about record shop owner, Rob, played by the always cool Zoe Kravitz as she deals with past heartbreaks and potential future love. Based on the novel by the same name written by Nick Hornby, High Fidelity is intensely relatable, funny and sweet. Not to mention, the soundtrack is absolutely banging. Hulu, I am so upset with you for canceling such an endearing and charming show. Just go watch this and feel some incredible nostalgia for something you’ve never experienced. 

Stay safe out there everyone! For the time being, take these suggestions and binge away! There is nothing wrong with sitting on your couch all day, especially in times like these. Hopefully these suggestions were of interest to you, and if you must leave your home, WEAR YOUR MASK!

International Business and French double major fascinated by story telling and poodles!