Culture > Digital

Noodle the Pug Might Replace Checking Your Horoscope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Everyone has their daily routines. Maybe you read the news before you leave the house or maybe you check your horoscope. Checking your horoscope can tell you what kind of day you’ll have and what you should do to make the most of it. I used to be an avid listener of horoscope podcasts and a majority of people I know used to check their horoscopes all the time to feel inspired or validated. While this may be a part of your morning routine, a change is on the horizon with the appearance of Noodle the Pug on TikTok. 

I know what you’re thinking, who is Noodle the Pug? Well to be frank, Noodle the Pug is a pug, but what makes him so special? Noodle and his owner, Jonathan Graziano, will tell you what kind of day you will have based on whether or not Noodle has bones. Just based on how that sounds you’re probably thinking that doesn’t make any sense, so let me explain. 

Everyday Jonathan posts a TikTok of Noodle testing if he has bones. When Jonathan “tests” Noodle he doesn’t perform a complicated surgery to see if Noodle has bones. Instead he simply tries to sit Noodle up in the morning when he wakes up. If Noodle sits up and holds himself up he has bones. However, if he can’t and Noodle slumps back down it’s a no bones day. 

I, like many people, am an avid user of TikTok. I probably use TikTok more than any other app on my phone combined. As a result, I see Noodle’s day predictions all the time. I think at this point I’m basically checking TikTok in the morning to see Noodle, as opposed to finding it randomly during the day. While it sounds like I have a TikTok addiction on the bright side I can see what day Noodle thinks I will have. 

If Noodle stays up for the bones test it means it’s a bones day, a day to feel motivated and “get that bread”. Bones days are great for when you need that boost of encouragement to get stuff done. On top of doing your task Noodle will encourage you to go the extra mile, maybe get a head start on anothers day tasks (considering no one knows for sure if the next day will be a bones day or not, except for noodle that is).

On the other hand, there is an equal chance of a no bones day. No bones days are just as great as bones days. While it’s great to be productive some days it’s good to take a break and relax. While some may feel guilty from taking a break for your mental health and treating yourself from working so hard. 

While Noodle the pug isn’t the same thing as a horoscope, it’s still a cuter way to know what kind of day you’ll have.  Despite the helpful insight, people shouldn’t solely rely on Noodle to tell them what to do, but sometimes a reminder to treat yourself on a no bones day is greatly appreciated. 

Hello! I'm Dolores, my pronouns are she/her, and I am a first year student at New Mexico State University. Some of my favorite hobbies are embroidery, photography, and making playlist. I enjoy writing articles that reflect my hobbies and other things I find interesting. I hope you enjoy my articles!