New Mexico Wanderlust: Cloudcroft

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

It is that needed time in which the only things we want to do is say goodbye to our homework and say hello to some much needed time to rest. That is why this week I introduce you to Cloudcroft, New Mexico. It is a great little town that has everything you need to relax.

Cloudcroft is a great town to take some walks around the forest and to walk around their main street. There are boutiques with interesting trinkets, and it is great to see the mountain in both full green or white during the winter. It has its advantages in both seasons, and has great areas for camping and fishing.

It is located close to Alamogordo and White Sands, and it is just a 90-mile drive to Las Cruces. It is definitely a destination that is worth looking into. My family usually takes a trip to Cloudcroft once a year to spend time with the family, sleep and tell ghost stories around the fire. During the winter season, we usually rent a cabin and spend Christmas together.

The town is a great place to spend with friends for a much needed weekend of sleeping and drinking, as well as hiking and fishing. It also has great inspirational views that can help you clear your head.  Depending on what time of the year that you go, there are different activities that you can do. Even though it is a small town, it looks gorgeous during the winter time and the summer, and it is the perfect place for resting.

Photo by Dirk Hofmann
Hi mes amies! I am an avid reader, lover of writing and good music. I am a Senior at NMSU, and soon graduate. I was born and raised in El Paso, TX. I hope to travel more of the world someday!
Fernanda Teixeira is a senior at New Mexico State University who is majoring in Mass Communication and minoring in Advertising/Marketing. When she's not running around on campus, you can usually find her in the corner shoving her face with jellybeans. Her favorite hobbies include talking 24/7 about her dog, showing people photos of her dog, and seamlessly fitting her dog into everyday conversations. Did I mention she has a dog?