New Mexico Wanderlust

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

After spending a great part of your budget on drinks, food and souvenirs from your epic Spring Break adventure, you might not have enough money in your wallet to go on another big trip somewhere in New Mexico. Luckily, there is a place filled with fun that is close home and will satisfy that out-of-this-world wanderlust we all have.

For this week’s blog in our New Mexico tour, we take a quick stop in Alamogordo. This is the home of the New Mexico Space Museum and the Toy Train Depot museum. For all of those who would like to know more about space, or really love toy trains this is a great spot for you.

Both of these activities are cost friendly, given you would only spend $10 combined for these two activities. The Space Museum showcases many great pieces used in different aircrafts, and you can buy astronaut food, in case you were curious. It also has an Imax film about planets and our Earth. With an entrance fee of $6 dollars this is a great place to check out and bring the kids as well.

The Toy Train Depot museum is a great place for children and adults. It is a way to bring back your inner child, and with only $4 you can ride the train around the park. It is a great place to remember the little toy trains we loved as children. Plus, after some time at the museum and toy store, families can enjoy a day at the park with a picnic. This is also not a very expensive activity that will definitively not hurt your wallet.

Have fun, and safe travels! 

*Photo courtesy of City of Alamogordo website 

Hi mes amies! I am an avid reader, lover of writing and good music. I am a Senior at NMSU, and soon graduate. I was born and raised in El Paso, TX. I hope to travel more of the world someday!
Hi there! My name is Bethany, and I'm an avid writer and lover of travel. I'm a free spirit who was born and raised in Las Cruces, NM--the same city where I currently attend New Mexico State University. I will graduate from NMSU in May, and I'm looking forward to taking on the rest of my life.