This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

In the wake of Valentines Day, many individuals are probably feeling the effects of being single on the day of love; however, there will always be one person in your life that deserves love from you every day of the year: that person is you.

Valentine’s Day is the one day out of the year highlighting all forms of love and affection, including the most important love of all: self-love.  Even if you are currently in relationship, it is always important to show yourself love and care! This is something that can be done any day of the year, not just on Valentine’s day. So, how does one shower themselves with love without dropping a ton of cash? Easy, self-love comes in all forms, especially affordable ones.

1. Take time for yourself.

Life is hectic and somedays it feels like there is never a break; however, it is important to make time for a break. This can be as simple as getting up and stretching or going for a short walk to clear your head. No matter what form it’s in, taking time to breathe and take control is of the utmost importance when taking care of one’s self.

2. #Treatyoself

Treating yourself doesn’t have to meant spending a crazy amount of money on luxuries. Treating one’s self can be as simple as spending more time than usual watching your favorite show, going to lunch somewhere you usually don’t go, or even spending more time on that new hobby you picked up that you just never seem to have time for. Ultimately, do something for you, because you want to do it. (But if you have the money and time by all means treat yourself to whatever you want, it’s up to you).

3. Address concerns

If you find yourself feeling depressed or more anxious and its beginning to impede on your everyday life, then address it. It’s hard and can be very scary but nothing is more important than your own health, both mental and physical. Talk to professional or visit your campus health center to address pressing concerns. No matter what, health comes first, everything else follows.

4. Try to organize your life

Life can be stressful, but making a schedule and organizing can help make it slightly less stressful. Try bullet journaling! Or, if that’s too time consuming, get a nice journal or planner. Having everything written down not only keeps you organized, but it also makes completing those tasks and checking them off so much sweeter.

5. The little things.

For some of us, getting out of bed is an accomplishment, so take care of yourself by accomplishing the little big things. You got out of bed today? Amazing! Took a shower and got dressed? You’re doing so good! Life is hard, but sometimes, being able to accomplish the little things is just as amazing as doing the big things. You matter and you’re doing great!

6. Have a Spa Night

Schedule a night just for you. Take a warm bath or shower, put on your comfiest pajamas, put on a movie and relax. Maybe do a skin care routine. Try a new face mask or moisturizer. Maybe light some candles or burn some incense. Do whatever relaxes you and just lay back and chill.

These are just some of the ways to show love yourself but there a dozens of ways. Just do what makes you feel good and feel loved. Ultimately, everyone is deserving of love, but you don’t need another person to be loved. Take care of yourself and live your best life. You deserve it boo.

Student at NMSU double majoring in Journalism and Government. 
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.