How to Create the Perfect Spooky Basket: Quarantine Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

If you know me you know that I’m a sucker for getting gifts for my loved ones and I especially love any excuse to make adorable gift baskets. Spooky season is here so the following are some ideas to build the perfect spooky themed basket for your loved ones, quarantine edition.

Basket/ Container

Every gift basket needs a container to hold all of its fun contents. Some ideas for containers include a basket, a spooky themed bucket, a wooden crate and if you’re feeling crafty, decorate a cardboard box. Don’t be afraid to get creative!

Favorite Snacks

One of the most obvious items to include in a gift basket is snacks. This includes drinks, candy, chips, cookies and anything edible. Especially during quarantine your loved one will appreciate a basket full of goodies to enjoy. Make a list of your loved ones’ favorite candy and snacks and plan out your next trip to your nearest Dollar Tree, Walmart and Target. Also, don’t forget to get any themed snacks that can add more personality to your basket! 

Favorite Scary Movie 

This one should be fun to pick! Add your favorite scary movie into the basket. This is a great form of entertainment especially if your loved one is planning on staying in. 

Spooky Fluffy Socks

Everyone loves socks, especially cute holiday themed socks. Fuzzy socks are perfect for staying at home for a relaxing movie night. You can easily find cozy socks like these in Dollar Tree and Target. 

Cute Themed Pajamas

Now that your loved one has a fun pair of spooky fluffy socks you should help them complete their outfit by sending them a cute spooky themed pajama set. 

Self-Care Products 

It is important for people to practice self-care at home and it is also a great way to stay busy during quarantine. Some of these self-care items include face masks, bath bombs, body scrubs, fall scented candles and lotions. 

Warm Blanket

What kind of basket would it be without a fluffy blanket to stay warm? Adding a blanket to your basket will be the cherry on the top to have the perfect stay-in movie night! You may even find a spooky themed blanket to contribute to the whole basket theme. 

Pandemic Essential Items

Now this basket wouldn’t be a quarantine edition basket without the basic pandemic essentials. These essentials include hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, vitamin C (to help support their immune system) and even a spooky face mask if you find one.

Personal Touch Items

This last one is adding your own personal touch to the basket. You can do this by adding a handwritten letter, cute little notes and even photographs! Have fun with this one and make it as personal as you can, your loved ones will love this!

This year as most of us stay home during the spooky season we can all help contribute to make it a memorable season by sending loved ones the perfect gift basket to celebrate. I hope you have fun creating these baskets, I guarantee you your loved ones will enjoy them!

Ayleen Escalante is a New Mexico State University Student studying journalism and mass communications with an emphasis on strategic communications.
Senior at New Mexico State University that's majoring in Psychology with two minors in Spanish and Journalism. I spend too much time shopping, watching TV shows, listening to podcasts about breakups, spoiling my cat Juno, photographing every detail of my life and scrolling through TikTok. Writing is my thing and I hope it makes you laugh, feel understood, or is helpful to you.