An Honest Review of Queen Adele’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

After four long years, Adele has brought back her soulful voice to enchant us all once more. The singer of famous songs such as Someone Like You, Chasing Pavements and Rolling in the Deep has brought out her third album, named 25, and once more showed us why she is one of the most loved singers in the world.

On the new album, Adele brings a combination of her heartbreaking melodies to a world of pop and different arrangements. For your enjoyment, here’s a review for every new song on the album!  

1.     Hello

Whoever hasn’t heard this song by now needs to catch up and take out the tissue box. Adele released this song as her first single. It is meant to be a make-up song, but has already made many of us cry for relationships that haven’t happen yet. To be chosen as the first single, was, in my opinion, one of the best things she could have done. It has a combination of the ballad that everybody loved from her last album and a new sound that is what this new album is about.

2.     Send My Love (To Your New Love)

To be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of this song at the beginning, but then I really took the time to learn more about it- and it’s like she was writing a song about my life. It has a bit of a pop rhythm that I wasn’t used to hearing from her, but it still has a lot of meaning. It is definitely worth reconsidering.

3.     I Miss You

This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It has a certain impact in its combination of ballad and sexy soul. It was one of the best combinations of newness that kept on reminding me of ‘Rolling in the Deep,’ but much better.

4.     When We Were Young

This was Adele’s second single, and available to the public through YouTube a few days before the release of the album. To say that it is genius and soulful is an understatement. It is everything Adele is! Simple, loving, heartbreaking.

5.     Remedy

I love a good song with just piano in the intro. This motivational song was a Remedy to my broken heart, and I hope it is to many other people. With the simplicity of the piano and her voice, it just became a perfect song to those suffering from a broken heart. It made me nostalgic, but it wouldn’t be an Adele song if it didn’t.

6.     Water Under the Bridge

I just loved this song so much! It was great and catchy. I can’t stop thinking about it. It had a great pop background that didn’t overdo it or oversell it. It was soft enough to give it a great rhythm and catchy tune. The instrumentals where great and didn’t overpower her voice. Plus, I loved her lyrics for this song.

7.     River Lea

This was another song that I also wasn’t feeling as much as I wanted to. But it has a very Amy Winehouse feel that kept me coming back to it. It is a great song that catches up to the audience. It definitely something different for Adele, but it worked amazingly.

8.     Love in the Dark

Once more Adele returned to the piano and brought a beautiful ballad to life! Enough said! I have to dedicate this one to a certain someone.

9.     Million Years Ago

This song was just poetry to my ears. Accompanied with a guitar, Adele created a beautiful piece of poetry that I can just hear over and over again. It’s about mistakes that can’t be reversed and how time just moves on and there is nothing you can do about it. Many people can relate to this song.

10. All I Ask

This song completely destroyed me and left me crying on the bathroom floor while I ate Ben and Jerry’s. It hit me deep and hard! I would definitely suggest taking out the tissue box once more for this one song.

11. Sweetest Devotion

It was the best way to end this amazing album. It had enough pop and soul to bring the record into a full circle. It was a way of thanking all her fans for everything.

This was a great album. It made me reminisce and cry; it brought all the good and the bad memories together; but above all, it healed my heart. I recommend this so much and definitely know that the queen has returned to her place at the throne. Thank you, Adele! 

Hi mes amies! I am an avid reader, lover of writing and good music. I am a Senior at NMSU, and soon graduate. I was born and raised in El Paso, TX. I hope to travel more of the world someday!
Ada Ciuca is a Journalism and Mass Communications student emphasizing in print and PR at New Mexico State University. In a perfect world, she will get to write informative articles, interview the world's most interesting people and work in fashion PR for the rest of her life. While she's at it, she'll also travel the world and learn as many languages as humanly possible. Oh, and reach her ultimate goal of shaking hands with Kevin Spacey and Anderson Cooper.