Holidays Survival Guide

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

After all the stress and mental break downs that we suffered during finals week we can finally relax and wait for Christmas and New Year’s to arrive! But even if you love the holidays there are always some few things that might make them hard, so here we list the five things that you need in order survive this holiday season!

1. Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel

The Holidays come right after the hardest week for a college student which include late night study sessions, 8 am exams, and so much stress. All of these combined leave your eyes feeling and looking tired, but what you need to revive your eyes and look alive again is this amazing Gel from Alba Botanica which is 100% vegetarian company. This Alba Botanica cooling gel is made with cucumber, green tea and caffeine  that help stimulate, energize and reduce puffiness of the eyes. And besides working wonder it is hypo-allergenic and pocket-sized so you can carry it with you anywhere you go. This gel will also come in handy during the Christmas and New Years parties since you might be sleep late as well! You can buy it here

2. Being Hand Cream

Cold weather can make your hands super dry and feeling weird which can be uncomfortable at times, specially when you’re out of your house and have no hand lotion!! Because I understand the pain and can’t leave my house without hand cream I loved this Being Hand Creams, their Salted Caramel & Macadamia Hand Cream leaves your hand dry and it smells just like the butterbeer from Harry Potter! (bonus points for this!!) But if you’re not into this smell they also have the Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Cream which has a more fruity smell! Both of these hand creams have a long lasting smell and with just a few drops your hands will feel soft as a baby’s skin! If you want you can buy the Salted Caramel & Macadamia Hand Cream here and the Cloudberry and Lychee Hand Cream here

3. Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles

Putting up the Christmas tree and the decorations around the house can be one of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit and spend some quality time with your family or friends if you were unable to go home, but there is always that one ornament that either comes out of the box broken or it breaks after being taken out, and because of this Krazy Glue is a must!! Not only does it comes in a super cute and practical case with small tubes of glue that you can take anywhere but they also work in wood, metal, plastics, glass, vinyl & ceramics, so basically everything!! If you want to buy your own case you can find it here

4. Tarte Cosmetics

The holiday parties mean seeing all your family and sometimes old friends from high school, so we all know that we need to achieve a killer look! And in order to do this you need not only a cute outfit, you also need awesome makeup that is free of bad chemicals and Tarte Cosmetics is the way to go. The Tarteist™ PRO Palette is a  professional eyeshadow palette with 20 ultra-pigmented shades powered by naturally-derived ingredients. This palette creates  an Instagram-worthy eye looks for all skin tones that included 16 matte shadows & four lustrous, duochrome shades. Whether you feel like too glam or have a more low-key slay kind of day, this palette can handle both! But you also need some mascara to give the finishing touch to your eye makeup that’s why you need to try the Lights, Camera, Lashes™ mascara by Tarte.  This mascara has been a best-selling vegan mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes & conditions your lashes. If you are looking for a waterproof version you can check out the lights, camera, splashes™ waterproof mascara! If you want to buy the Tarteist™ PRO Palette you can find it here and if you want to buy the Lights, Camera, Lashes™ mascara you can buy it here. I highly encourage you to give both of these products a try! 

5. #ActuallySheCan + Le Motto Tanks

The holiday season can be as dangerous as the freshman 15, and while we deserve to treat ourselves to some yummy holiday food we also know that in New Years we will set as our 2018 goal to go everyday to the gym (because we want to feel a bit guilty free from all those cakes we ate) . Some people do accomplish this goal but if you are like me we both know this is a dead end by February. But this year will be different because these #ActuallySheCan Tanks, created in partnership with Le Motto are perfect for working out! They are made from a soft, breathable cotton blend that come in three different empowering slogans that say:

• Less Drama More Karma (dark grey)

• Less Regret More Sweat (heather grey)

• Less Hesitation, More Meditation (white)

I hope that you give  all of these products a chance and that they help you get through the holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! 

Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.