Here Comes the Trouble Donald Trump Has Been Asking For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been known throughout the 2016 election to speak without a filter. Yet this fact seems to be taking its toll on Trump’s campaign, undecided voters, and especially on multiple women who have now proclaimed to the media that Donald Trump had sexually harassed them.

The fact that the Republican presidential nominee of the 2016 general election is being accused of sexual harassment from now nine different women, with only three weeks left until election day, is something not only very rare but very concerning. Donald Trump’s tirade of inappropriate and degrading comments against women throughout the election has led to an uproar of retaliation against the reality TV star. Trump’s outbursts have included calling actress and comedian Rosie O’Donnell a “pig” and criticizing a past Miss Universe winner on her physique. And now, a video has been leaked of Trump and Access Hollywood host Billy Bush essentially talking about the sexual assault of a women in dismissive terms.

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee and Trump’s opponent, has continuously aired scathing advertisements against Trump, and a recent video from the Clinton campaign brings up the idea that Donald Trump’s sexist comments are actually extremely hurtful and damaging to young women. The video, and many Trump opponents and women’s rights activists, highlight the fact that Trump continuously attempts to push the blame and attention to someone else, especially Hillary Clinton, but he’s never actually claimed, or proven, that he truly respects women. Donald Trump can and has said he’s sorry; but does he truly mean it?

Not only is the question of whether the United States wants a president like Donald Trump for thousands of daughters across the country, but the notion that Donald Trump is providing a bad example for many young men in the United States is also being discussed.

The disgusting comments that Donald Trump has said about women should not be accepted from any individual—especially not a potential president.

Camila is currently a freshman at New Mexico State University and will be the NMSU chapter's campus correspondent. She is working on a major in Finance and a minor in Journalism, is part of a sorority on campus, and also hosts weekly radio shows.