neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Freshmen Advice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Welcome to college, welcome to adulthood! Its not as fun as it seems, but its still alright. I know college can be hard and so different from high school but that’s what makes it so exciting and fun! In this article I want to give all of our incoming freshmen some advice and tips that I wish I knew sooner.

• Ask Questions– It’s okay to ask questions about everything, you are new to college and this is completely normal so if you are not clear about something ask your teachers or TA’s about it, they are here to help you and will be glad that you ask them!
  • Be organized– I can’t begin to explain how important this in college, organization is the key to your college success. You will be taking different classes and they’ll all have different schedules so it’s always good to keep track of everything in the same place, buy an agenda or begin a bullet journal and write EVERYTHING in there, this way you will never forget anything!
  • Go to events– NMSU organizes so many free events every semester, going to these events are a great way of meeting new people and making your college experience super fun, plus they usually have free goodies and free food! So be sure to check events out.
  • Follow your school’s social media accounts– Follow the NMSU facebook page, follow your college facebook page, the ASNMSU social medias, they are all great resources to know what is going on campus.
  • Explore different organizations– NMSU has so many different clubs, so be sure to check them out and see if you’re interested in one, if you can’t find any you like, think about beginning your own club! Here is a link to find all the campus clubs https://nmsu.presence.io/organizations
  • Use your student resources- As students we get so many free things and most of us are not even aware of them. A few of them are free subscription to The New York Times, $25 worth of printing, discounts at stores, free bus pass, scantrons and many more! You can check out more of them in here: https://asnmsu.nmsu.edu

I hope that these tips become useful during your college life, don’t forget to have fun during these four years and enjoy every moment of it because trust me it goes by so fast. Good luck Aggies!!

Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.