Everyday Brings You Closer to Your Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Do you ever feel like time is slipping right through your hands? That is exactly how I feel all the time. This past semester was my last semester of my third year of college, and in August I will start my last year at New Mexico State University. I still remember the first day I was a freshman and moved my things into my small little dorm and had my first college classes. I remember feeling so excited and motivated and, in many ways, I still feel like that. Even though time has passed, I try not to let laziness get the best of me. This past year I tried hard to work on myself and do things that I knew would help me in my future career. Starting in August 2017, I got my first media relations internship. Even though it was hard going to school full time and working at the Sun Bowl Association in El Paso as a Media Relations Intern, it was worth it because I got to spend so much time working on social media and learning the in and outs of it. I was very busy also having extracurricular activities on top of school and work, but I am glad I continued with everything I wanted to do, especially Her Campus.

Last semester was the first time I ever joined a club related to my major of journalism and it was the best decision I could have made. The club I am talking about is Her Campus. It gave me the chance to write every week and be published on a real website. Besides improving my writing skills, Her Campus also gave me a great group of friends that encourage each other and just are so fun and uplifting to be around.

I continued writing for NMSU Her Campus this semester and I also become the Twitter Manager for our chapter Twitter account! I was so thankful for the opportunity to be in charge of a social media outlet for NMSU Her Campus and to also continue writing at the same time. This past semester I was able to also do something I always wanted to do which was copy a celebrity’s Instagram for a week. I was able to accomplish this with help from a NMSU Her Campus photographer, Lexi. Even though the day we took the photos was very windy, we pushed through and got some amazing looking photos. I am so thankful for the recognition and support from readers and from the celebrity I copied, Christen Dominque. I learned that after the post was published, a week later it reached almost 300 views! Check out the article I wrote here.

Overall this year has been amazing, so it is hard for me to pick just one favorite moment because there has been so many! But if I had to pick, I think it would be the memories I made with my friends, family, and boyfriend. Developing relationships with all these people that are close to me made this semester one of the best ones for me. Even though some of my dearest friends are graduating this year, I know that we will all keep in touch. All my experiences, even the ones I did not mention here, I believe are really going to help me in years to come and I will never forget the people that made this all possible for me.

Angela is a graduate student at New Mexico State University majoring in communication studies. She is currently a contributing writer for NMSU's Her Campus chapter. When she is not writing, you can find her at home talking up a storm with her closest friends through Zoom.
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.