El Paso Holiday Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Now that finals are over a lot of us are heading back to our hometowns to catch up with family, stuffing ourselves with so much food and catching up on cheesy hallmark Christmas movies. Pssssh I know I am. But the thing that I wanted to tell you all about is about my hometown El Paso, TX.  Usually around this time EP has so much to offer and do. Consider this your bucket list to do on Christmas. A fellow El Paso blogger Nikki Irizarry who I personally think you should go check out inspires this article.

Although some events may be over but with this girls lists you have so much to experience for the whole month you’re here in El Paso.

• The tree lighting maybe over but you have the opportunity to volunteer with the community all around EP
  • Next, you have the Jingle Bell Run 5K‑ what makes this event great well apparently you get tamales at the end of the finish line ha
  • Holiday Hike at Hueco Tanks – Dec 17th the gates close at 5:30pm
  • 84th Annual Hyundai Sunbowl Game‑ Dec 29th 
    • You have a chance to win some prizes. Follow them here:
    • Face book and Twitter Hyundai Sunbowl
    • Instagram @hyundaisunbowl
    • Snap chat @sunbowl2015

And before I forget don’t miss checking out some of our awesome stores and new restaurants here in EP. My personal recommendation is to go to the Fountains of Farah. I consider it one of my favorite places to go to in EP. There you will find Crave, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, P.F. Changs and while you’re they’re to eat go shop around. We have a Barnes and noble, Nordstrom and a charming Charlie’s. Oh and we also have an ice rink right in the middle in the fountains.

Have a Happy Holidays and be safe. 

Lover of God, Photography, fashion, and food.
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.