Channel your Inner Lady Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Most of all successful women today can tell you that while making their way up the ladder they faced many obstacles that almost stopped them from getting where they currently are. Sometimes it’s hard to find the motivation and confidence it takes for being a lady boss and we can even see it in shows with female leading roles today. These women show us how tough it can be to deal with all the stress that comes with having a work and personal life. While we manage trying to stay healthy, both physically and emotionally, we need to be aware that everything in our lives is not always going to go as planned. Sometimes we need to sacrifice things in order to obtain something we really want and although it will affect us for a short period of time, it will also help us in the long run.

Being a lady boss does not mean that you have to know what you want and have the right answer to everything that goes on in your life. It means to learn from bad experiences and grow from them and not get used to the idea that when things are great, that’s the way they’re going to stay. Being a lady boss means being strong and confident enough to keep going. There are only so many things we can take into our own hands and it is our choice on how to deal with them.

Independence is part of the idea of what being a lady boss should mean but truth be told, we all need friends, family and sometimes even a partner to rely on because at the end of the day, when nothing monumental happens and we feel emotionally drained, we need someone to have our back and not give us advice but just listen. It is completely fine to show emotions during hard times and it is also fine to show vulnerability because after we are done reflecting on whatever the situation might be, we also reflect on how we can fix it no matter how tough it might seem because we are lady bosses and we need to come back stronger and smarter. It’s fine to make mistakes. In fact, it is encouraged! It’s the mistakes that make us who we are. 

(Credits: Shutterstock)

Journalism major
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.