Bethany Blundell and Fernanda Teixeira: Your Spring 2016 Campus Correspondents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Name: Bethany Blundell

Major(s): Journalism, Communication Studies and Spanish

Hometown: Las Cruces

What originally inspired you to pursue your current field of study:  

I’m super conceited and really just like seeing my name on bylines.

-OR-

I’ve been a writer my entire life, but I was in a media program in middle school and high school and fell in love with with everything that it involved.

You decide.

How would you describe yourself in three words:  Sassy, adventurous and determined.

Who is your biggest inspiration and role-model:  My grandma. She was the kindest person I ever knew, but she was also super tough and everyone respected her. On top of that, she was very intelligent and self taught herself many different things.

What are your plans post-graduation:  I think I have a solid future as a beach bum. But in reality, I’m taking six months off to travel and then I’ll try to figure out what I want to do with my life.

Dream job:  Either a travel writer or sports communications with the Chicago Cubs.

What are your mains goals this year with Her Campus at New Mexico State University:  My main goal for this year is to increase readership because if we do that, it means we’re creating interesting content that our student body wants to read.

Fun Facts:  I hate wearing socks, I could live off Hot Cheetos and I’m mildly obsessed with pandas. 

Name: Fernanda Teixeira

Major(s): Journalism

Minor: Marketing

Hometown:  Tough question because I’ve sort of just grew up everywhere. I was born in Florida and I spent a good chunk of my childhood in Atlanta, Georgia and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. As of right now, I am living in El Paso, Texas.

What originally inspired you to pursue your current field of study:  Writing has always been a huge passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I got my first taste of journalism while in high school while being a part of the school paper and ever since then, I’ve been hooked.

How would you describe yourself in three words:  Compassionate, quirky and persistent.

Who is your biggest inspiration and role-model:  There’s so many people that inspire me but if I had to choose one, I would definitely choose my abuelo. That man has worked so hard ever since he was a child and through his hard work and determination, he was able to provide a better life for his family by bringing them to this country.

What are your plans post-graduation:  Travelling, obviously! How long and when, will depend on the job situation but I know, I for sure, want to visit some family and friends in Brazil.

Dream job:  Professional jellybean taster. Does that even exist? Plus, can I be paid at least $1 million to provide my jellybean connoisseur skills?

What are your mains goals this year with Her Campus at New Mexico State University:  Like Bethany, I also want to increase readership. Our chapter hasn’t been around for that long but it has already grown so much since then. I think we have a lot of potential and I am exciting to show that to our student body.

Fun Facts:  I have a lazy eye, a false tooth, and a cute dog named after a Hobbit.

Fernanda Teixeira is a senior at New Mexico State University who is majoring in Mass Communication and minoring in Advertising/Marketing. When she's not running around on campus, you can usually find her in the corner shoving her face with jellybeans. Her favorite hobbies include talking 24/7 about her dog, showing people photos of her dog, and seamlessly fitting her dog into everyday conversations. Did I mention she has a dog?