This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

First things first, the year 2020 is finally here and I hope that this is a great year for everyone! As we all know, the Spring semester is here, and I have a few apps that can make this semester easier for all of us. 

1. My Study Life

This app is a must-have. This app is like a planner and if you are like me, a notebook planner does NOT work. At some point I lose interest in writing down all the things I need to do in those planners. I found this app last semester and it was a LIFESAVER. I tend to be very forgetful, but I am also one of those types of people that won’t write things down because they think they’ll remember. So, I would end up writing everything in my notes app but that is not the best, this app is the best. So, you have to input your classes, the times and days you have those classes, and the things you have to do. You can just look through the syllabus and input every single assignment (note: sometimes professors change due dates so keep that in mind, change the dates if you have to). It does take time but trust me it is worth it! You can also add your work shifts or miscellaneous activities, it is not only limited to school!

1. Spotify/Pandora/Apple Music 

Music is necessary for me when I am doing homework. As I am writing this, I am listening to music on Spotify. Spotify is the elite here but choose your cup of tea for music. Whether its Spotify, Pandora or Apple Music, you need these if you like to listen to music when you are doing homework. Not only that, Spotify has playlists that can help, they have the “All-Nighter” and “Intense Studying” playlists. 

1. Google Docs/Google Slides 

I like using Google Docs/Slides because my MacBook does not have a USB port so whenever I write essays anywhere that is not on my laptop, I write them there so that I can I download them on my Mac later. Not only that, Google Slides is very useful for group projects, all of my group members can write on the Slides at the same time. We can comment on the slides and edit everything for each other. I’ve been doing this for a long time. 

1. Aggie Life

They spoke to us about this app at orientation. This app tells you about the events going on at NMSU. Some of the events are only for freshman but not all of them. For example, they have times and dates for sorority meetings, religious clubs, other clubs, and events happening at Corbett Student Union.

1. De-stressor app (Candy Crush, Mario Kart) 

This one is just to take a break. I personally use Candy Crush or Five Nights at Freddy’s but there are so many game apps that are fun. Or if you do not want to use a game app, then maybe a social media app like Twitter or Facebook. Those are good too, to take a short break. I enjoy looking at tweets from Twitter, I always end up laughing so hard. If you really want to laugh for that break that you take though… consider watching TikTok, it’s good too. Back in September I would have never said that. I recently started liking TikTok. Whenever I am really bored, I go on there and I am always finding the craziest funny videos. Like my friend says, “it has Vines energy”.  

Hopefully these apps help you all! Have a great Spring semester! I believe in all of you!

Senior at New Mexico State University that's majoring in Psychology with two minors in Spanish and Journalism. I spend too much time shopping, watching TV shows, listening to podcasts about breakups, spoiling my cat Juno, photographing every detail of my life and scrolling through TikTok. Writing is my thing and I hope it makes you laugh, feel understood, or is helpful to you.
International Business and French double major fascinated by story telling and poodles!