This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Finally, it is officially fall! Well, at least according to the calendar, right? Here in New Mexico the weather is pretty hot, but some of us (including myself) are anxious to feel all the fall vibes sooner rather than later. So what’s the best way to feel all the fall vibes right now? One of the best ways to start feeling like outside it is chilly and the leaves are changing is to get immersed in a TV show that takes place during the fall season or at least it feels like it. Keep on reading to get a list of all the best shows to watch right now if you can not wait for it to be fall already!

Virgin River 

Now this show is on the top of the list because it is seriously so good! Virgin River is about a woman, named Mel, who leaves Los Angeles to start a new life in a small town after a traumatic and heartbreaking experience. She accepts a job as a nurse practitioner for a local clinic in the quaint town of Virgin River. Even when Mel initially arrives in Virgin River, it is not all peaches and cream for her. Her accommodation is not what she expected, and she does not get along with the older stubborn doctor she works with. She is tempted to leave, but eventually it she decides to push through and stay. This show will make you want to cozy up in a blanket and drink hot chocolate and just forget about all your present-day worries. If you need a break and just want to relax with a story that will warm your heart, this is the show for you!

Season 1 of Virgin River is available on Netflix. Season 2 is in the works and rumored to release later this year!

Gilmore Girls 

How could I not put this show on the list? Gilmore Girls is a classic, but I have a confession to make. I never watched this show before and I only recently started watching it! But I must say that this is the perfect show to have running in the background or just to watch to have a laugh at the end of a long day. It has tons of fall references and the characters are always wearing the coziest outfits. This show is low commitment and the perfect show to start watching to get the fall juices flowing! 

All 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls are available on Netflix 

Bates Motel

Are you ready for something a little creepy but oh so addicting? Bates Motel is the show for you! Bates Motel starring Freddie Highmore as Norman Bates and Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates first aired back in 2013. The show is based off the preceding movie and novel called Psycho about Norman Bates. This is a show that will have you hooked from the first episode! If you are hesitant to watch because the story line does not seem appealing or relatable to you, think again. Bates Motel has been nominated and awarded countless awards including a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Drama in 2017. But, take it from me, a girl who usually has a cheesy romance movie or dramatic teen drama on rerun playing on her TV 24/7, I also thought Bates Motel wouldn’t be the show for me but let me tell you I was wrong! It is easily one of my favorite TV shows second to Vampire Diaries (and that’s saying a lot). 

All 5 Seasons of Bates Motel are available on Netflix 

Whether you are looking forward to the cozy feels of autumn or the spooky nights in October, I hope you find a show you can enjoy while waiting for the weather to actually feel like its autumn! Happy watching! 

Angela is a graduate student at New Mexico State University majoring in communication studies. She is currently a contributing writer for NMSU's Her Campus chapter. When she is not writing, you can find her at home talking up a storm with her closest friends through Zoom.
An Art History major with a minor in Museum Conservation. Interested in Photography, Art History, Art Law and travel.