Style

The 2018 Fall Fashion Trends You Should Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

The leaves are changing color, and the air is chillier here in New Mexico. It is finally starting to feel like fall which means it’s time to rock some fall fashion. I don’t know about you, but fall fashion is one of my favorites, I love the colors and the coziness of it. Therefore, I am here to tell you some of the fall fashion trends that you should consider wearing this year.

Plaid Print: Plaid has been everywhere this year. There are plaid skirts, shorts, pants sweaters you name it. However, plaid is not exactly a new trend. The pattern has been prominent in the fashion world for years, but this year it is definitely making a comeback. You’ve probably already noticed if you’ve set foot in any clothing store lately. I personally love this trend because it is a nice way to make an outfit more fun and unique. With so many colors and styles of plaid, it’s very easy to find something that you’re comfortable with.

photo by: Diana Castillo 

Oversized sweaters: This one is definitely one of my favorites. Oversized sweaters are not just cozy but they also make for a pretty simple outfit. I feel like a nice oversized sweater is a fall staple and there should at least be one in your closet. Another reason why this is a trend is that it can be styled in many different ways.

Corduroy: Just like plaid this is another blast from the past that has made a comeback in 2018. Corduroy is coming back, There are pants, jackets, skirts etc.  I feel like this trend just screams fall. This 70s-style fabric can make any outfit look vintage. This type of fabric has been around for a while. The most popular colors in corduroy have been brown, but nowadays, the fabric has been made into different colors and styles.

The Coat Trend:  Now that it’s fall, sunny skies are slowly disappearing which means that it’s time to bring out your coat. Long coats are becoming a trend for this year. These coats come in many different styles, and of course, they can be styled in many different ways. Coats can turn an outfit into an elegant look or a casual look.

Knee High Boots: Now let’s take a look at the shoe trends of the season. One that is becoming popular these days is knee-high boots. These boots are stylish and definitely bold, they can be paired with a variety of outfits. These boots come in a variety of styles and colors, that you are bound to find a pair that will complete any fall outfits.

Fall is full of great things and one of them is the many outfits that you can put together. These are only some of this years tried that I feel are worth exploring.

Lover of God, Photography, fashion, and food.