jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Beat those January Blue’s with the Best Restaurant Deals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Newcastle chapter.

For the most of us, January is the worst time of the year, the hype of New Years and Christmas is over, we all have university work or jobs to go back to, we are all super skint and deadlines are every- where we turn. Whilst there isn’t much time to go out and cheer ourselves up; food is always the answer. I want to share with you the best deals that are on-going in restaurants around Newcastle and where you can save the most money!

1. Giraffe 2 For 1

Giraffe offers dishes from around the world, examples include; Thai dishes, Mexican dishes, American dishes and many more. It is also really great for Vegetarians as they have so much to offer (a lot more than the average restaurant). Throughout February they are offering 2 for 1 on all courses; starters, mains and desserts (you pay for the cheapest course) which makes the average main dish around £6, and for that price, you really cannot go wrong! Giraffe is located in the Eldon Square shopping centre, to get your voucher simply visit the Giraffe World Kitchen Website and fill out your name and email address for the voucher code!

1. Redhouse Pie and Mash 2 For 1

Redhouse is famous in Newcastle for its pie and mash. With a step by- step menu which allows you to choose your flavour pie, flavour mash, type of peas and flavour of gravy it’s so easy to create the perfect combo. Being a pub, Redhouse is also the perfect way to relax with a beer whilst you eat your meal. However, £12 is pretty steep for pie and mash (although it is definitely worth it), every Wednesday they offer 2 For 1 on the pie and mash meals making it £6. The setting of Redhouse is also extremely quaint, located in an old-style English pub on the Quayside.

1. Scalini’s Jesmond new deals

Scalini’s won the Diner’s choice award for 2018 and it is a certain favourite amongst students, especially those living in Jesmond (as it is located extremely nearby in Gosforth). In January they released a new menu (which runs throughout February also). In the evening they now offer 2 courses for £9.95 and 3 courses for £11.95. For lunchtime you can also get 1 course for £4.95, 2 courses £6.95 and 3 courses for £8.95. Scalini’s also uses local produce as much as possible, serving pizzas, pasta and steaks.

1. Revolution 2 for £10.95

Revolution is the student favourite bar/restaurant. With how cheap the drinks are it is impossible to say no, especially as now they offer 2 courses for £10.95 (Monday to Friday and this includes a small plate and the main plate or a main and a dessert). Located near Newcastle train station, it is extremely accessible. With your society membership card you can also get 50% off all food and 2 for 1 cocktails all day every-day, but don’t worry if you don’t have one, with 2 courses for £10.95 you really cannot go wrong either!

1. Las Iguanas ‘Taco about Tuesday’

All day every Tuesday Las Iguanas offer 2 for 1 on their taco planks and you have a long time to grab this offer (it doesn’t expire until March). Students can also get 25% student discount Sunday- Thursday and 2 for 1 cocktails all day every day (including mocktails). Whilst a little more expensive than the other restaurants mentioned; February is the perfect time to treat yourself after all this exam and essay stress!