This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Panera offers an unlimited coffee subscription and as a caffeine fanatic, there is nothing more exciting than these words: unlimited coffee. They are currently offering a 3-month trial (afterward you pay $8.99/month) and I wanted to see if it was worth it. If you’re interested, some things to keep in mind are:

1. The subscription is for just the coffee! For some reason, I walked into it thinking that flavors and such were included. If you’re like me and need that added flavor, you might end up paying a couple of dollars for the works.

Message board with funny motto and cup of coffee
    Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

2. Refills are available every 2 hours! This is GREAT if you are wanting to crank through some homework. I find myself much more productive when I am working outside my house. Panera is my new favorite place to work on school for hours on end–and I don’t feel too bad about staying too long because every 2 hours I get up for a refill! Sounds weird, but I have actually gotten a lot more school work done with my subscription. Not saying there is a correlation…but not saying there isn’t…

Photo by Sincerely Media on Unsplash

3. I’d categorize Panera coffee as quick service style coffee. I don’t consider myself a coffee connoisseur, but unfortunately, at some locations/times, the coffee is just not up to par with the kind that you pay for. Some Paneras have a self-service station and it’s disappointing when you hit the bottom of the barrel of coffee.

Best Buy

4. And….just like any other subscription, you can cancel anytime! 

planner with coffee
    Photo by Estee Janssens from Unsplash

Overall, I definitely recommend this subscription, BUT only if you are a frequent Panera goe-er. For my coffee connoisseurs, you may prefer higher quality coffee, but you won’t find the amount of coffee at the same price as Panera’s! I highly recommend it, but just like any good deal, it would be pointless to have if you aren’t going to use it.

If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com