An HC Exclusive: The Charismatic & Quirky Judy Greer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

With so many students living a non-lactose lifestyle, I thought it would be a great idea to feature actress, comedian, and Lactaid spokeswoman Judy Greer (yes, she was in “13 Going on 30”) about her dairy sensitivity and how she gets around it. Check out what she had to say below:

HC: I noticed you’ve partnered with LACTAID® a few times. When did you first start working with the company?

Judy: “I started partnering with LACTAID® in 2015, but I’ve been drinking and eating LACTAID® Milk and Ice Cream for years.”  

HC: Why did you decide to partner with LACTAID® – are you lactose intolerant?

Judy: “I’m dairy sensitive due to lactose. I decided to partner with LACTAID® because the products have made a big difference in my life and I want to share that with others. Since LACTAID® is 100 percent real dairy, just without the lactose, it tastes great, but it’s easier for me to digest. I love that I don’t have to give up my favorite foods like ice cream, lattes and creamy soups. Also, I was shocked that I’d never really heard about it, and I wanted to share the knowledge!”

HC: Which of the New Territories DIY Milkshake flavors was your favorite?

Judy: “Sun and Surf!! I’ve been dreaming of a beach vacation for a while now!”

HC: Could you tell the readers a little bit about your most recent projects? Are you excited to be a part of Richard Linklater’s “Where Did You Go Bernadette?”

Judy: “So excited! Working with Richard Linklater, Cate Blanchette, and Billy Crudup have all been on my bucket list! And I got to cross them all off with one job!”

HC: Throughout your career, which co-stars did you enjoy working with the most?

Judy: “Oh my gosh! I could never say that! I love almost everyone I’ve worked with, but there are people who I’ve stayed friends with, so maybe that says something.”

HC: I honestly loved “13 Going on 30.” Since then you’ve been in several movies and television shows, what role/character has been your favorite so far?

Judy: “I loved that one too! But usually I love whatever character I’m working on best, I fall in love with something about all the women I play, so I never know which one is my favorite. It changes.”

HC: Being an actress, model, and author sounds stressful – how do you balance your work/personal life?

Judy: “Well, to be honest, I’m not always great at it. I try to spend as much time at home when I’m not working as I can. I do Transcendental Meditation which helps calm me down, and I try to keep up with my friends. It’s hard because we are all so busy and spread out now, but we do our best.”

HC: Holiday season is finally here. What are you most excited for? Do you have any family traditions?

Judy: “I’m always most excited to be lazy for a week or two. It’s the only time of the year I am guaranteed to not have to do any work at all!” Check out what Judy Greer is up to by following her on Twitter @missjudygreer and Instagram @missjudygreer.

[Feature Image Courtesy of Lactaid]

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.