6 of The Best Holiday Shopping Spots Around NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

With the holiday season coming up, there are so many festive places to go to around Manhattan. There’s a perfect place whether you want to ice skate, gift shop, or just part take in the festivities of the season. Here’s a list of places all across Manhattan that are not only great for the holiday season but also great for supporting local vendors, artisans, and businesses.

1. Winter Village at Bryant Park

Located at Bryant Park, the Winter Village opened on October 27th and will stay around until January 2nd. They have 170 holiday shops including eateries, artisans, and kiosks. There is also an ice skating rink that will be there ’till March 2019. With all different kinds of shops selling everything from jewelry, to art and unique souvenirs, there is something for everyone at the Winter Village.

source: @benlmena

2. Grand Central Holiday Fair

The Grand Central Holiday Fair located in the terminal started on November 12th and goes until December 24th. It has crafts from around the world, including jewelry, art, and other fun items for all different age ranges.

source: edible manhattan 

3. Union Square Holiday Market

Located conveniently near campus is the Union Square Holiday market. It’s the perfect place to stop by after class. There are over 150 vendors selling goods like handbags, food, and jewelry. It’s open from Thursday Nov 15 through December on Christmas Eve. This is a great way to find a gift for anyone on your gift list. You just might find a new favorite artisan or artist there.

source: @unionsquareny

4. Columbus Circle Holiday Market

The Columbus Circle Holiday Market, running from November 28th through to December 24th, is the perfect holiday activity for the next time you’re up by Central Park. They have more than 100 booths for you to explore and find the perfect gift (or maybe something special to treat yourself)!

source: charley lhasa on Flickr 

5. Chelsea Market

Chelsea Market, a market open all year that has restaurants, artisans, is another place that will have good items and food to use as presents. Fat Witch Bakery has amazing pastries that would make for the perfect treat to bring to a holiday party.

source: lorenzi_marisa

6. Fifth Avenue Window Shopping

During December, walk up Fifth Avenue and make sure to stop by the Macy’s and Saks Fifth Ave in Midtown. See the beautiful window displays that have different themes each year. Around this area is also Rockefeller Center that has ice skating and huge Christmas tree. It’s really one of the most festive places in Manhattan during the holidays.

source: news 96.5

Be sure to check out some of these places over the next few months whether your gearing up for the holidays, need a gift for a party, or want to see the different festivities.

Lauren Errick

New School '21

Lauren studies fashion design at Parsons School of Design at the New School.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com