nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

What a great invention, no? Podcasts! You can listen to them for free, anywhere, and there are thousands of podcasts on different topics. Depending on which ones you choose to listen to, podcasts can be very rich in content and have positive impacts on your daily lives. It is also a channel used by various empowering influencers to transmit wise guidance to their listeners. Spending some time each day to learn something new for your personal development. Improve your lifestyle with this tool that is available to all.

1. Your Own Magic. Led by Rachel Mantra (previously with Allie Michelle), this podcast covers a wide range of topics of life. Rachel is a spiritual writer and traveler. She is in a journey of self discovery and self healing. Each episode involves an inspiring speaker that serves as a tiny step in this path of finding your purpose. From yoga, healing, and traveling, to life experiences; Your Own Magic truly shines light on the magic that is within us and in the Earth. The episodes range between 40 to 90 minutes. It is relaxing. Rachel’s voice is positive and strong; Allie’s is completely soothing. It is the ideal podcast to get a bright start to your day.

1. 11:11. Although just recently launched, this podcast, as it says in the intro, is “your channel for higher frequency”. Emma Mildon, spiritual activist, and Rachel Hunter, model in a spiritual path, are the hosts. Emma has written a book, Evolution of a Goddess, which focuses on empowering women through the evolution of the spirit and finding the magic within. I have been following her for some time now and her energy is quite strong and felt throughout the podcast. They have a variety of guests in all episodes who present different topics. The length of the episodes are actually short (maybe from 8 to 40 minutes). Some themes you will find throughout the podcast are personal growth, energy, spirituality, and emotions. Definitely one to include in your list.

1. Oprah’s Supersoul. Ugh! Do I even have to explain this wonderful channel? Oprah has moved lives ever since she started becoming an influence. Now, she is doing that through podcasts as well. Each episode is really food the soul. Oprah’s enthusiasm to learn and grow more is felt throughout. Her podcasts consist of different guests; from authors, to spiritual workers, to even priests. It is not just a one sided speech but a flowing, intriguing, reciprocative conversation that will engage you until the end.

1. The Cosmic Calling. Hosted by Natalie Walstein, astrologer, The Cosmic Calling is a channel focused on astrology, money tips, using the moon’s energy to enhance your own divine, and life situations such as careers and love. Although a little more on the mystic side, it’s a fun way to enhance the mystic component within you. It is modern, open minded, and spiritual.

1. The Balanced Blonde. Rachel Younger, wellness and lifestyle blogger, started originally as “The Vegan Blonde” on Instagram. After a while she began going through difficulties with this lifestyle. That is when “The Balanced Blonde” came to life. It started with her transition to a completely different way of life. Now, her podcast covers her new life in detail, which is highly inspiring. She struggles with Lyme disease and the episodes narrate her experience with this illness. She also has guest speakers who promote self love, spiritual growth, and health. It is a very well rounded and most importantly, active podcast that you can count on when you need a boost. Rachel transmits high energy and fills your heart with the sound of her voice.

Whether you’re cleaning your apartment, riding the subway, or walking to class. Take some time to try to incorporate podcasts as part of your day to day life. You will learn new things, may be inclined to trying new activities or practices, and you will be inspired to live your best life!

Hi there! I'm a writer, originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I do some digital illustration and graphic design as well. I'm a junior student in Journalism and Design at The New School. Some of my interests include psychology, spirituality, and music. Just may be an ancient soul. I like to read, watch movies, do yoga and have a glass of wine in my free time.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com