This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Halloween is this weekend! Don’t know how you are going to celebrate? Well, look no further because New York City is filled with thrilling Halloween-themed bars, restaurants and costume parties to make your holiday just a bit more spooky. Grab some friends and some drinks and get the party started at these local city bars. 

1. Beetle House

Do you enjoy the classics like The Nightmare Before Christmas or Psycho? If so, this restaurant is just for you. Beetle House is a restaurant filled with inspiration from the iconic projects done by Tim Burton, Alfred Hitchcock, Edgar Allen Poe and more all year long! Halloween never has to end when you visit this spot. Order themed drinks like The Beetle Juice or Edward’s Lemonade. You can even sit down for fun meals and desserts like Jack’s Jambalaya Risotto or Killer Cheesecake. It is the perfect place to keep you in a spooky mood. 

2.  Lillie’s Victorian Establishment

This Saturday at Lillie’s Victorian Establishment, in Times Square, there will be a Halloween Costume Contest! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place all win CDG gift cards ranging from $50 to $250. This event will include a DJ and specialty cocktails to enjoy. You can go to their website to RSVP and head to the event to watch the runway show that will take place at 10 pm. This party is completely free to attend, so put on your costume and head out the door. You could be the next costume contest winner! 

3. Stout NYC 

Stout NYC, in the Financial District, will be hosting a Halloween party on Saturday beginning at 9 pm. This is the perfect chance to dress up in costume with your friends and check out the bar’s long list of beer offerings. The party will have a DJ and a $100 gift card for the person who shows up wearing the best costume. Not only that but there will also be a pumpkin carving competition! The winner will win a $50 Stout gift card. Stop by with a few friends and enjoy the music, costumes and drinks!

4. Madhouse on Mulberry

Head to Madhouse on Mulberry if you are looking for something a little “extra” this year. This boozy Halloween experience is full of excitement, terror, and deliciously-themed cocktails. For only $24 you can enjoy it all or pay $39 for the VIP experience to get express entry and a special syringe shot as a greeting drink. Walk through the haunted maze and pass spots like the electric shock area and the demon area to get to the hidden bar to enjoy the rest of their spooky drinks to finish off your night. 

5. The Cauldron 

Book a table at The Cauldron, a pop-up Wizard-themed bar located down at 47 Stone St. It is the perfect spooky-themed bar for a group of friends looking for a fun activity this Halloween. You can simply book a table for drinks and food or make a reservation for potion making, an enchanting event where you will craft fun cocktails and learn all about mixology! This is a unique experience that you won’t want to miss.

Hope Thompson

New School '25

Hope Thompson is a Journalism & Design major and Photography minor at The New School. She enjoys taking walks around the city to find the best coffee spots and spending time with her friends.