10 Reasons To Get Excited About Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

It’s finally time to bid farewell to shorts, tank-tops, and weird unpleasing outfits as fall has finally graced us with its presence. Here’s a few reasons why we’re excited about fall!

1. We can now layer our clothing. 

When fall comes around, your outfits become instantly cuter, now that you can accessorize with scarves, boots, and coats!

2. Pumpkins are everywhere. 

Keep an eye out for the farmers markets and the local bodegas that start selling insta-friendly cute pumpkins of all sizes.

3. Central Park is an autumnal wonderland.

Is there a better time to visit the beautiful and iconic Central Park than during fall?

4. Coffee Shops become cozy havens.

Escape the cold by cozing up with a limited edition, seasonal flavor at your favorite coffee shop. #PSL

5. Rain becomes romantic. 

It tends to rain a bit more around fall, and I don’t know about you, but I love it. The peaceful gloomy Poe-esque vibe is absolute perfection.

6. Halloween, obviously. 

Halloween is honestly the best part of fall. The spooky season is here. You get to be your favorite character for a day, or for a whole month, indulge in “Halloween” candy, go to haunted houses, the list is endless.

7. All the TV Shows are back. 

All of your favorite shows will be returning from the summer hiatus with a new season of drama, and on top of that, series premiers for new shows!

8. Hot chocolate and marshmallows. 

You can finally unwind with a warm cup of hot chocolate.

9. We have yet another excuse to watch Harry Potter.

Need a reason to stay in this weekend? FreeForm has got you covered with back-to-back showings of Harry Potter movies.

10. Christmas is literally two months away.

Last but not least… CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER (the one holiday that can beat the entire feeling of fall).

Are you excited yet? Because I definitely am.

Elizabeth Tracey

New School '21

Annemarie Imnadze is an undeclared freshman and Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Chapter at The New School.