The Top 10 Disney Songs Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

Everyone I know has grown up with Disney movies as a staple in their childhood. Who didn’t love watching a talking warthog and meerkat tell them to have no worries as a kid? We know all the movies and we definitely know all the songs. Here is my definitive ranking of the top 10 Disney songs.

10) “Zero To Hero” from Hercules

Who didn’t want to jam along to “Zero to Hero” growing up? I loved singing along to this song then, and I love singing along to it now.

9) “Mine, Mine, Mine” from Pocahontas

I have a secret love for villain songs in Disney Movies and “Mine, Mine, Mine” is definitely one of the best. It’s super catchy and you get to hear John Smith sing, so that’s definitely a plus.

8) “A Girl Worth Fighting For” from Mulan

This song has it all: a catchy tune, great jokes, and lines that empower women. Who honestly wouldn’t love the entire Mulan soundtrack?

7) “Just Around the River bend” from Pocahontas

I find myself singing this song constantly and even though it’s a short song, it has a great message. This song is my favorite song in Pocahontas, by far.

6) “Almost There” from The Princess and The Frog

This song is motivational and really gets you in the mood to get everything done. It’s hard not to be motivated and achieve your greatest goals while listening to this song.

5) “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from Mulan

This is another song that makes you want to go work out and get sh*t done. It has great jokes and a catchy tune (yet again). I told you Mulan had a great soundtrack.

4) “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” from Hercules

I remember being a preteen and singing this song as if I knew what it was about. We’ve all been there,; you don’t have to admit it to me but at least admit it to yourself. Alan Menken struck gold with this song though, and really got through to all the women who grew up on these movies.

3) “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” from The Lion King

This song is so much fun to listen to. You can’t help but sing along and it’s impossible to not know all of the words to it.

2) “Belle (Reprise)” from Beauty and the Beast

It’s no secret among my friends that Belle is my favorite princess. So, naturally this list was going to have at least one song from Beauty and the Beast. This song is short but has my favorite quote in it and gives you such a sense of you can achieve your dreams, that you can’t help but love it.

1) “I See the Light” from Tangled

Clearly the best romantic song ever written. I love everything about this song; it’s got such amazing lyrics and the melody is beautiful. The scene in the movie makes me cry every time I watch it.

You don’t have to love my top 10 list or agree with it at all. But these are my top 10 Disney Songs. You can probably find me jamming out to them in my room when I get too stressed. Check them out and let me know if you agree or disagree!

A sociology major with a love for all things Disney. Kayleigh Monahan is an avid reader and writer and can often be found at her local Starbucks. She is the current President of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority at New Paltz as well as the Campus Correspondent for HC SUNY New Paltz.