The Rest Of Your Semester, As Told By Gossip Girl

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

It’s about midway through the semester and we get it, you have a lot on your plate. It’s that time of year where your academic, social, and sleep schedules all seem to conflict with one another and you’re not sure how you’re even going to make it to Thanksgiving break.

Here are your instructions to get through the remainder of the semester, while excelling in all aspects of your life and channelling your inner Gossip Girl.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. You’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of this novel published by Penguin Random House for something to read this semester besides your textbooks (even though, let’s be real, we dropped a lot of $ on but haven’t actually cracked open yet).

Save yourself from on-campus dining once in awhile and enjoy yourself some real food…i.e. hop in your car and find the nearest Chipotle. We really aren’t sure what’s in the mystery meat in the dining hall, but Chipotle guarantees non-GMO deliciousness in every single bite, using only meats raised without added hormones or antibiotics, pasture-raised dairy, and local produce when seasonably available. What’s not to love?

You will feel so much more fulfilled this semester if you take the time out of your hectic schedule to promote a worthwhile project. The No Ceilings Full Participation Project is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation that works to advance and inspire the full participation of girls and women in the 21st century. By taking small, meaningful actions that promote full participation in your daily life, we can all work to gain complete gender equality and fully participate in our own future success.

Your schedule may be crazy, and you may not get enough sleep… but that doesn’t mean the way you look needs to reflect that. Make sure you have a quick go-to beauty product that will make it look like you had all the time in the world to look presentable, such as TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray, which you can literally spritz in your hair as your driving to class–by the time you leave you’ll have beach waves all your classmates will covet. And when people ask how you got your 4.0 while managing to look so good:

Your academics and extracurriculars are important, of course, but a girl needs a night out every once in awhile too (or more than once in awhile). You’re going to want to look good! NYC New York Color is an affordable makeup brand for college students with cosmetics in the hottest colors of the season–we recommend the CityProof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow, a chubby, waterproof eyeshadow that delivers vibrant color for up to 24HR wear! Perfect for long nights out, and you’ll feel like a million dollars.

Make sure you’re putting your best foot forward this semester, Serena-and-Blair-style. Look your best in all your classes with a new sleek black tote with italian leather accents from MZ Wallace. The Chelsea Tote is our personal favorite, with functional and sophisticated design roomy enough to fit all of your school essentials. Her Campus New Paltz is hosting a social media giveaway of one coming soon, along with many other fabulous prizes! Your friends can also score their own MZ Wallace bag from retailers such as Nordstrom or Bloomingdales.

And, of course, you don’t want to lose the body you worked for in the gym all summer, so you definitely want to keep your health in check. This is especially hard to do around midterms and finals when you are guzzling sugary energy drinks and lattes to study for long hours. We recommend switching out sugar for a healthy substitute: Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is made with only real ingredients, extracting the sweetness found in Mother Nature’s stevia plant. So you’re not hurting your body with all the artificial stuff found in other sweeteners, and you don’t really need to feel guilty about that third cup of coffee.

Make sure you keep an eye on the Her Campus New Paltz Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where we’ll be giving away some of these amazing products, along with one MAJOR prize! You won’t want to miss it!

Emma Koch

New Paltz

Emma is a fourth-year student at SUNY New Paltz, where she is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Business. Born and raised in Upstate New York, Emma now divides her time between school, her hometown, and Houston, TX where her family currently lives. Besides school and internships, as well as being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, Emma's other passions include fashion and beauty, health and fitness, trying new recipes, iced coffee, watching netflix with her roomie, online shopping, country music, and her sorority, Sigma Delta Tau. Her dream is to find a career in the Public Relations field where she is able to travel the world and have new experiences doing what she loves. Follow her on Instagram @emmma.koch