This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

As stated on Pinterest, “a best friend is the one person you can only stay mad at for a short period of time because you have important things to tell them.”

This is the epitome of our friendship.

If I am ever “mad” at you, it only lasts a maximum of an hour because all I want to do is vent about the cute boy I made eye contact with while walking to class, or about how my professor did something insane. Being mad is just not an option in our friendship, and that is something we have oddly come to terms with.

You are my person, the one who I run to with all my problems, my accomplishments, and my crazy impossible scenarios that need to be validated.

So to start off, I would like to thank you for complementing my crazy. We are an insane pair. It’s almost too much for us to handle-I’m not sure how anyone else does it.

I complain A LOT, and you become this scary creature when you’re Hangry. We balance each other out, or tear each other apart… It honestly depends on the time of day. I just pray for the people around us that I’m not in a complaining mood while you’re hangry, because that is a dangerous situation to be in.

You are the peanut butter to my jelly sandwich, even though we are both allergic to peanuts… but somehow end up eating them a little too much.

Thank you for being the only person in my life who will listen to me complain, and then complain right back.

Thank you for being there for me when school, and life in general, becomes a little too much. I don’t know how I would have handled any of it without you by my side.

Thank you for being just as interested in people watching as I am (those three hour campouts in the Student Union are what I live for).

You are an incredibly special person, who I know has been taken advantage of way too much, and I am sorry for that. I wish I could have been there to stop it. You are too kind and giving, and some people think that is an invitation to take advantage. At least you have me now, so we’ll both be victims together.

You have made me a better person, and I am so thankful for that.

I was blessed with two brothers, both of which I love, but I was not blessed with a sister, and this is where you come in.

You have become the sister I have always wanted and finally received two and a half years ago on my first day of college.The rest is history.

Despite my minor sassy moments when I say otherwise, I am so honored to be the person reviewing your text messages before you send them, helping pick out your outfits before you wear them, and so much more.

You are the other half of my brain that I didn’t know I was missing.

It’s weird because we seem like this overly attached couple, which to most would be awkward, but in reality, I don’t think I would have survived any of it without you. I turn to you for anything and everything, and when I don’t turn to you, you come running to me asking what’s wrong. That’s why I love you.

If you ask anyone who knows us they will say we are way too similar, but it’s funny because we don’t see that as a bad thing.

Just know that I am so beyond grateful that somehow our extremely small intertwined worlds were introduced. I am extremely indebted to you, so be aware that I will be here for you forever and always.

I literally have no idea what I would do without you, and guess what?! I have no intention of finding out. We are stuck together until the end.

Emily is a Junior at New Paltz currently studying communications with a concentration in public relations and minoring in general business. In the future she would like to work for a magazine either writing or doing PR for them. She loves fashion, photography, writing, traveling, friends, family...and her dog. You can follow her on Instagram @emilybeth220