clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

Coming into college as a senior in highschool I wrote my college essay relating Alice in Wonderland to the transition I was about to enter. Well, it’s about that time I make another huge transition: college into the “real world”…YIKES.

So why not go out the way I came in?

Here’s how I can still relate my favorite childhood story and the newest transition in my life:

1. When you wake up in the morning and have that epiphany you are no longer a child and not quite an adult yet. You’re stuck in the limbo of still trying to find your place in the real world.

2. When you talk about your worries and future plans to friends and family, and they all think they have the best advice but none of it makes any sense to you.

3. How the realization that you most likely won’t get a job you majored in, makes you second guess why you even went to college in the first place. Yet somehow that’s okay with you.

.

4. When you realize how fast time passes. One second you’re a mere freshman scared of getting into the bars and now you’re a senior just trying to jam in as much reckless fun as possible before the end of the semester.

5. When senioritis kicks in and you choose to go out to the bars all night, instead of studying for your 8 a.m.

6. The understanding that everything is going to be okay because this is the moment your school career has been preparing you for.

7. Trying to make the decision of going back home to live after college versus moving away. Both options are horrible, it’s just which one can you deal with?

8. How you feel about college. The best 4 years of your life. The place where you made friends from all over. The long nights spent with people you just met or people who will always be in your life. Where a simple drunken slice of pizza begins a friendship. Where overdosing on coffee is condoned and sleeping in the library during finals week is the norm. The place where you lose yourself, find yourself, and maybe lose yourself again. College is our Wonderland and it is what you make of it.

9. Knowing you will make a difference in this world. As we prepare to leave this Wonderland remember you are important in all you do. You will find your way, no matter which path you choose. Just trust that these past 4 years were preparing you to be the best you possible. Believe in the magic and believe in yourself.

Hey there! This is Kathryn Geraghty coming at you from SUNY New Paltz! I am a senior studying journalism/public relations. Deciding to graduate a full semester early, I'm doing all I can to make these final moments in college last for what feels like a life-time. I enjoy hanging out with friends and watching the world go by from my porch. Being the "Chatty Kathy" I am, strangers are my favorite type of people. Having a conversation with someone you most likely will never see again has an enticing element to it. Once I graduate I hope to travel the country via train and write for those who want their voices heard. Feel free to message me with ideas or a good chat!