This App Is Every Girl’s New Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

*This post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own*

Do you love clothes but have a college girl’s budget? Or have too many clothes that you’d love to get rid of? I can’t tell you how many people in the past few weeks I’ve raved about this app to… ladies (and gentlemen, if you want), grab your iPhones and press download if you haven’t already, because you’re going to want to start using Poshmark.

Rating: 5 stars

Recommended audience: college-age (or any age) women who have an abundance of clothes they don’t wear, and would appreciate a little extra pocket cash. Or, anybody who is interested in designer items but doesn’t have the budget for them. So, basically everyone.

Review: I downloaded this app over winter break, so about a month ago, and personal have made about $150 in that short time! As a girl that loves to shop and loves new things, my closet had gotten a liiiittle overcrowded, and it was time to get rid of the old to make room for the new. The instructions are simple: make a Poshmark account, snap a few flattering pics of the clothes/shoes/accessories you no longer want, click “sell” and provide some details on the item, along with your price. Other users are able to make offers and counteroffers, ask questions, or if they wish directly purchase your item. Whoever makes the purchase pays the $5.95 flat rate Posh shipping charge and all you have to do as the seller is print out the shipping label and package it all up! Pro tip: I love to wrap my items up in pretty tissue paper and include a nice thank you note! It adds a personal touch that those who receive your items love.

Warning: although I’ve made some money from Poshing, I’ve also spent a good amount… there are so many cute closets out there! But this app is a great way to save some money if you’d like, or to recycle your money into new clothing purchases, like I’ve done. When you make sales, the site gives you the convenient option of choosing between direct deposit to your card, a check sent in the mail, or to keep your money as a Poshmark balance, for use on the site alone. Also- as with any kind of bartering site out there, be wary of couterfeits and fakes! With popular designers, you can usually Google “what does a real/fake _____ look like” and there will be telltale ways to spot a counterfeit.

If this sounds like your kind of app, go on and give the Poshmark community a try, and start cleaning out your closet! Happy poshing!

And if you’d like, add my closet:

And visit the website @ poshmark.com

Emma Koch

New Paltz

Emma is a fourth-year student at SUNY New Paltz, where she is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Business. Born and raised in Upstate New York, Emma now divides her time between school, her hometown, and Houston, TX where her family currently lives. Besides school and internships, as well as being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, Emma's other passions include fashion and beauty, health and fitness, trying new recipes, iced coffee, watching netflix with her roomie, online shopping, country music, and her sorority, Sigma Delta Tau. Her dream is to find a career in the Public Relations field where she is able to travel the world and have new experiences doing what she loves. Follow her on Instagram @emmma.koch